Seven News Content and Appearance

It’s a huge desk. They could easily fit 3 people on it.

Yes they should do this. It would accomodate 3 people on it much better I’d say using that position.

4 Likes

I haven’t really followed the ratings of news this year, but has 7Melbourne been behind 9Melb on weekends?

1 Like

Very. Alicia regularly wins by bigger margins on weekends compared to Pete on weeknights.

8 Likes

It has. Although, the Sunday bulletin performed better during the winter months with the the AFL lead in. But the absence of a local travel program is hurting Sevens Weekend News. Postcards on Nine is a big drawcard.

3 Likes

I should probably do a full post on this in the ratings comparison area. But for now these are the weekend numbers for Melbourne for the ratings period.

Seven 313,000
Nine 315,000

3 Likes

Queensland sport from the Gabba tonight.

6 Likes

Spotted on Perth’s Afternoon News (7th December):

5 Likes

Spotify in the background

2 Likes

Seven News Gold Coast is being broadest on the SD channel only during cricket test matches with 7HD carrying the cricket.

It is a slightly cut down affair with solo read and sport and weather presented from Brisbane.

5 Likes

Latest countdown from Seven Queensland

Unusual closing tonight missing the usual wide shot that shows the weather presenter. Seemed like that might have been pre-recorded. When introducing Georgie Chumbley, Katrina looked straight at the camera rather than towards the large monitor. The weather was followed by Liz Cantor doing a beach report, after she earlier presented the Gold Coast News weather. The closing studio shot included Pat Welsh then cut to a couple of seconds of a news report.

Thursday also had no closing wide shot and the same pre-recorded feel.

Weather and beach.

Gold Coast back to 2 presenters plus its own weather presenter tonight.

4 Likes

Pretty sure it was the same last night because I thought it was unusual.

1 Like

Yes, Thursday was similar.

2 Likes

Have they moved to automation for the cameras (if they haven’t already), hence the camera issues?

2 Likes

That’s right.

2 Likes

5pm caps

5 Likes

After the way Tim (and Emmy) were ridiculously shafted by 9, I’m so happy Tim had found his feet at 7. :clap:

13 Likes

I bet Nine regret letting Tim go. Emmy too. It’s a shame she hasn’t reappeared anywhere (unless I missed something).

Tim is great. It’s awesome seeing Tim and Angela present together on Seven when they were a team on Nine as well.

Nine do have some great talent now but they need to do better at keeping them.

Edit: It looks like Emmy now works in Communications for the Queensland Premier.

4 Likes

They were a very good duo. I miss Emmy on screen.

4 Likes

In case you didn’t see this in the presenters and reporters thread, set changes reportedly on the way for Seven News Melbourne.

7 Likes

The set is only approaching four years old, surely the visible changes wouldn’t be any more than possibly a new desk? And fixing the swoosh in the floor.

5 Likes