Seven News Content and Appearance

As a viewer, I’ve actually noticed this change. Though Ben Murphy isn’t your answer.

1 Like

Breaking news during Super Bowl

3 Likes

white doesn’t work there, a little hard to read

6 Likes

Only because of the background picture at the time, that is what happens when scrolling text has no background itself.

3 Likes

Why was this not able to wait until an ad break?

1 Like

Considering the number of weeks Seven News Melbourne won increased in 2021 (though still trailing Nine significantly), don’t think you can definitely say that:

3 Likes

What a stupid philosophy if true. It didn’t do much for Bianca Stome previously.

3 Likes

And this ties into what I was saying a few months ago.

9 outstrip 7 in terms of sensationalist content and 10/ABC outstrip them with their straight down the line reporting. I think I said then that 7 were stuck in a middle ground where they had the odd sensationalist report but mixed with solid stories, and were not committing exclusively to either approach.

It’s a shame that BTQ have chosen to follow the formula of QTQ, which although a ratings winner is not what a flagship 6pm bulletin should be (which probably is more of a reflection of the SEQ viewing market than 9)

3 Likes

Looks like more than one nurse… :thinking:

4 Likes
4 Likes

Man wrongly named Cleo Smith abductor by 7 News reaches settlement with the network.

4 Likes

Wonder if 7NEWS Melbourne will acknowledge Peter Hitchener being named Moomba King…. Will be an interesting report to see

1 Like

Twister metal was iconic!

1 Like

I’ve said this before as it’s slowly made it’s way across to the regional news.

1 Like

Gold Coast Update:

2 Likes

“The monarchs have been named” but not by Seven in their bulletin tonight.

6 Likes

How awkward. As if anyone seeing the footage don’t know it’s Hitch :rofl:

Bit of course they wouldn’t celebrate a industry legend for 3 seconds on air :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Unless if it was Mitch or if Hitch worked on Seven instead of Nine :wink:

2 Likes

It’s just sad that the only time they will reference a major media personality who may be on an alternate channel, is when they die. It’s sad.

5 Likes

Such childish and petty behaviour between Seven and Nine, you’d never see this sort of thing between networks in other countries.

13 Likes