Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I agree, although going into a special “Breaking News” mode of On-Air Presentation unfortunately seems to be something everyone does these days.

Kay was using it on the weekend. I think it is intended to give the impression of urgency and presence.

I thought one to countdown til the end the bulletin.

3 Likes

With Mark Ferguson in Christchurch last night and Angie Asimus at the news desk, the 6pm bulletin in Sydney was 110k viewers+ behind Nine. Totally unnecessary to have your anchor overseas for a local bulletin, IMO. Would have been better to be in Grafton and cross to Robert Ovadia and Chris Reason in New Zealand.

1 Like
4 Likes

Seven crew racing back to the office on Mt Coot-tha in the middle of a hail storm today

3 Likes

According to a promo on Seven Melbourne tonight, this AFL season Seven News will have “exclusive advance access” to the weekend’s line-ups and announce them at 6.15pm on Thursday nights (6.15pm Wednesdays if there is a Thursday night game). That’s 10 minutes before the line-ups are revealed on AFL website and other media outlets including Nine News. It shows Seven is desperate to lift the Melbourne bulletin’s ratings and again uses AFL as a lure.

2 Likes

Better this than a story on how Aldi can save you 5c per loaf on bread, or the latest clean up on aisle 6.

4 Likes

Well, Ad Standards today ruled such a “health update” breached AANA code of ethics. Before the ruling was made, Medibank modified the ad to include the disclaimer “This is a paid advertisement” while Seven also modified its news ticker.

1 Like

Late News updates coming from Perth tonight:

9 Likes

I would say Perth will do national Friday updates from now on.

4 Likes

Will be interesting to see if they use the national globe if and when the weekend national news at 5 comes out of Perth next.

5 Likes

7 News Sydney’s coverage of the state election begins at 5PM tomorrow. I’m wondering if the 5PM weekend bulletin (4:30PM for QLD) for other states will come from Melbourne?

3 Likes

Most likely with Mike Amor.

3 Likes

Seven News at 5 from Melbourne with Jacqueline Felgate

6 Likes

12 Likes

Sydney Saturday:

Sydney Sunday:

5 Likes

Still don’t know why on earth they won’t change the desk to white! It’s a case of under the sea!

5 Likes

Melbourne have gone back to the St Kilda Road background for the 6PM bulletin.

2 Likes

Glad to read that. Out of the three live shots I’ve seen them use from Hamer Hall, it’s still my favourite.

4 Likes

2 Likes