Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I thought the city shot of Geof Parry didn’t look too bad, they should go for something like that rather than the artificial looking backdrop they have now.

7 Perth

2 Likes

Here’s the opener.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, they dont have anyone capable of anchoring the bulletin on a major news day other than Peter.

2 Likes

Peter Mitchell on 9news. Never thought I’d see it happen :wink:

He was in frame for the duration this media pack shot went to air.

2 Likes

I remember when Peter worked at Nine before he joined Seven in 1987.

2 Likes

Although I’d imagine this would be the case for most TV newsrooms when a reporter (or better yet, presenter) gets their head on a rival channel, there was probably some cheering in Seven’s Melbourne newsroom while that shot was on-air! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The political backdrop on 7 Perth looks so good. They should keep something similar for regular news bulletins.

1 Like

The temp with live camera has been added in Perths afternoon news.

Canberra background was used again tonight.

2 Likes

did they hire someone with literally year 7 based after effects/premiere or any graphics design knowledge. how the hell do they think that looks good in general, let alone good to go to broadcast.

‘LIVE’ needs to be shrunk to 95%
‘PERTH’ needs to be shrunk to 85-90%
‘19.7°’ needs to be shrunk to 70%

6 Likes

No, I like it when graphics are shouting at me. Just come out of the bounding box and attack me, even.

1 Like

I think it’s the Sydney template used on there afternoon news.

Massive technical difficulties on 7 News Sydney tonight.

Lead pack cut out, when they attempted to go to it a second time there was just a freeze frame.

It finally started, half way through Michael Usher’s intro to another story at 6.08pm.

3 Likes

If Seven News Sydney has been gaining ratings momentum recently, they’ll lose it pretty quickly if tonight’s lead story is the type of thing to expect on regular news days.

Some peak hour road rage incident as “Breaking News” which of course, the sensationalist Robert Ovadia did a live cross on…bumping “Federal Government slips in first post-spill opinion poll” to 2nd. Now I personally think the opinion poll results should’ve been the first story on Nine too (they also ran it at #2), but at least they ran with this morning’s delays on the Sydney train network as their lead!

1 Like

Whoops…

This Breaking News theme has been used on the Sydney bulletins at least twice a week recently, and as SydneyCityTV stated, probably didn’t need to be top story.

5 Likes

Queensland: Saturday 7pm is live from Longreach.

Shane Webke live from Quiplie tonight

Don’t forget your Akubra :wink:

1 Like

Ahead of tomorrow’s Drought Special 7 News at 6pm: Sharyn Ghidella & Max Futcher out west

2 Likes

Promo for tonight

3 Likes

Seven News was from Winton tonight, the location set up revealed in the ender.

Weather was from the Gold Coast and Sport was in studio.

7 Likes

Australian Stockman’s Hall of Fame as backdrop for Seven News from Longreach.

Countdown clock

Birdsville

4 Likes