Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Looking forward to -1 DAYS TO GO showing up tomorrow

7 Likes

Seven News Brisbane and Gold Coast yesterday ran stories that were nothing more than adverts for Optus (5G) - one of their Comm Games broadcast sponsors.

4 Likes

Melina doesn’t quite look like Jane

vlcsnap-2018-04-06-19h00m45s647

10 Likes

Transition

7 Likes

That was used on Sunrise this morning too.

1 Like

Did WIN form a partnership with Seven?

6 Likes

Rather than “-1 days to go” Gold Coast viewers got this tonight on the first few stories :exploding_head:

Later in the bulletin, someone must have noticed the bloooper

6 Likes

Some graphics in Sydney tonight:

5 Likes

Has she sprayed her hair?

1 Like

Something a bit different happened in the weather in Sydney tonight. Mark didn’t throw over to Brownie and have the news headlines beforehand as normal. He just appeared after the break in a similar fashion to Jane does in Melbourne and Samantha Jolly in Perth. This is because the news had to finish early to show Seven promos before live coverage of the Commonwealth continues on the main channel.

Queensland tonight

Queensland medal tally (shown each night)

8 Likes

I don’t understand why the sports segment can’t be extended 3-5 minutes each night during the Commonwealth Games so other sports can be covered. This weekend the Melbourne bulletin has skipped:
Melbourne Storm losing to Wests Tigers in the NRL in Auckland
Supercars race from Tasmania (both days)
Melbourne City and Melbourne Victory in action in the A-League
English Premier League
F1 qualifying

1 Like

I don’t think presentation would allow that. The news window is pretty tight because of the Games.

1 Like

They could of course just bring in the sports break earlier, it’s not like seven is exactly overflowing with content to fill the rest of the one hour bulletin…

1 Like
12 Likes

Is that music used a lot? Very interesting.

Perth has always used a different variation of the theme music at the end of bulletins compared to the rest of Australia. I think it’s because Perth likes to be ‘different’.

or perhaps it’s the rest of the country that’s different?

2 Likes

:point_up: This.

2 Likes

I daresay there’s probably a number of versions of the Seven News theme music (with different levels of instruments and percussion, etc.), might’ve been up to local news directors in each market to pick and choose which versions they liked the best off the CD or digital download?

From memory, the Sydney version of the closing theme is pretty similar to Perth’s except with the addition of more drums or something (particularly at the climax).

3 Likes