Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Haha the Gold Coast news has changed about 3 times ever since it’s June launch!

5 Likes

No Perth 4.30 News today it seems. Interesting…

Might be because Perth ran the half hour national bulletin at 3.30pm?

July 4 actually, which makes things even worse! :confused:

1 Like

Disagree. And the unfolding of all of the supers, titles etc looks good … and consistent.

2 Likes

It says Seven News is on later according to my TV guide. Just following from what it says on there, but not sure.

Sponsor Board.

1 Like

Sports graphics are very blue!

I came home early to watch Olympic reports on Seven and I saw the new graphics for the first time. Oh my, they look awful. For a start, there is too much spacing between letters on names in blue background.
On the other hand, it’s good that Seven is using the Olympics to launch new graphics for viewer reactions and feedback. There may be some adjustments in the near future.
@melbournefan is it possible the IOC has people monitoring YouTube and pull any video which contain same day Olympic footage? If so you may have to wait until the Rio Games are over before loading the video.

I think it is much better than it was. There are still some inconsistencies the ‘don’t miss’ section looked very out of place. I think overall 7 news (particularly in Sydney) looks and feels a lot better but the telling sign will be in 2 weeks when they don’t have the massive audience 24/7 and the only thing that hasn’t changed is the presenters…

Hey guys, first post, just signed up! :grinning:

I haven’t watched the bulletin yet, but
judging from the pictures the new graphics look ugly and dated in my opinion. I would like to see them use a red, black and white colour scheme.

2 Likes

Most likely Content ID that YouTube does when you upload a video.

Perth News is going ahead tonight. Coming Up promo with Sue during The Chase Australia.

1 Like

Welcome :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome to MediaSpy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s weird? We did have the new supers on the local Townsville news.
I only got home right as the bulletin ended, but I did get this quick screencap.
Uploading…

1 Like

Welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is it ok if I like it? Please don’t hurt me.

19 Likes

Oi nice m8, I’ll tell the boys at the local we got another one coming!!

Are ya gonna board banter train though!?

3 Likes

[quote=“marquisite, post:1804, topic:103”]
7 News Sydney desk (now has)a tv screen
[/quote] Yes that is what we asked them to do but it needs to be bigger or something. Just not that![quote=“marquisite, post:1819, topic:103, full:true”]
I agree… Red please
[/quote] Come on, how hard can it be? Seven News needs to be red/black/grey and please move away from the blue.

[quote=“Nicholas, post:1821, topic:103”]
They should’ve used the supers that @SydneyOnAirTV created to match the opener
[/quote] @SydneyOnAirTV 's work is far too advanced for the current mob at Seven News.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:1834, topic:103, full:true”]
Seven Brisbane got the updated graphics but not Seven Local News Queensland.
[/quote] From the 10 seconds I saw, SLN did get the update ( They had the usual super just shortened).

[quote=“Nicholas, post:1844, topic:103”]
The new title card is yuck!
[/quote] I think the new title cards have potential. I like how the words “Seven News” have returned but the gold doesn’t suit the rest of the package and maybe it is too small.[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:1864, topic:103”]
sums up the reaction to Seven News’ latest "partial refresh
[/quote] I can’t even laugh about it, it is that disgusting.

6 Likes

Yeah sure, I’m always up for a laugh :joy:

2 Likes