Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yeah it was a different live shot, more similar to 9

1 Like

Ridiculous that they don’t use it.
Would it be that hard from the to use it and overlay some kind of graphicas a border or something to jazz it up a bit?
Surely that would look good?

2 Likes

Ahh, now I get where you’re coming from. This cap is from one of the news updates posted on Twitter, but I think we get the general idea:

5 Likes

How original!

Bit too high up for my liking but it’s a good change if we do in fact see it used at 6pm. New supers as well???

Indeed, although it’s certainly not the first time (nor likely to be the last, I might add) that Seven News Sydney has taken inspiration from Nine! :confused:

2 Likes

Live shot returned

8 Likes

…but the supers and the titlecard with five year old+ footage remains. * sigh *

5 Likes

Backdrop looks great but the graphics on the side plasmas are terrible, far too abstract for a quick wide shot.

1 Like

Looks much better, seems they’re making one change a week!

Who thought it was a good idea to use a live shot of the bridge and then have a fake bridge right next to it in the other screens? - like this is just amateur hour

3 Likes

Much better! Good job 7News Sydney!

Sport

3 Likes

The Moore Park(?) backdrop is a new one, isn’t it?

5 Likes

They should have the opera house on the left screens and maybe the Sydney tower on the two right screens?

Looks so much better but why didn’t they implement just last week on the same night the news headline supers relaunched.

[quote=“Leostar, post:1683, topic:103, full:true”]
They should have the opera house on the left screens and maybe the Sydney tower on the two right screens?
[/quote] Yes, I agree. The ones on the right actually reminded me of Frozen. :slight_smile:

…or why didn’t they just use a liveshot with this set in the first place?!

Hopefully getting David Brown an area where he can present the full weather forecast without having to rely on chroma key will be next, but I won’t hold my breath…

Which is odd, knowing that Sydney is probably going to have some of it’s warmest July days in years this week…

2 Likes

In one cap, the reason Seven need to hurry up about going HD in Melbourne

11 Likes

Can’t beat them, join them! Someone let them know a backdrop change won’t change their ratings.

5 Likes

Really? You guys like the live shot? The old background looked MUCH nicer IMO

I personally didn’t like the backdrop loop(s) at all. Looked ridiculous, especially during Summer!

Admittedly I think that the liveshot works better with the set, although I’m certainly not a fan of how Seven’s new liveshot is pretty much identical to Nine’s!

2 Likes