Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seriously. Seven News Melbourne really needs to get their acts together.

11 Likes

Morning News today:

A sign of things to come with different font on this weather graphic?

6 Likes

It appears changes are on foot… :eyes:

Appears to be the same font as the new On-Air Presentation too.

4 Likes

Guess the news font will look stretched and terrible like all the multichannels then

8 Likes

Hope not. That font is horrendously generic.

3 Likes

When should we expect the new 7 news logo?

2 Likes

Embarrassing. Shit like this fuels the fire for conspiracy theorists.

5 Likes

Broad guess: Probably sometime within the next few weeks.

A more specific guess: The changed font on the weather graphics spotted during today’s edition of Seven Morning News suggests that we might even see the new look on-screen as early as Monday. The last major graphics change to Seven News happened on 8/8/2016 for the first full week of the Rio Olympics. And since 27/7/2020 was supposed to be the start of the first full week of Tokyo 2020…

Of course, only time will tell how right or wrong these predictions turn out to be!

3 Likes

Just what I was thinking…

I just hope they drop the hideous drone shot of Marvel Stadium and all the cranes in the background as the titlecard in Melbourne

2 Likes

I have a bigger feeling that this likely new Seven News logo will be part of this Seven Network rebrand… But the fonts of ths… Eh.

3 Likes

Sydney 4pm:

Sydney 6pm:

A few other weather slides had the new font:

7 Likes

The banner above the News and Public Affairs category on 7plus has been updated with the new font as well.

15 Likes

Whyyyyy. That font has no character or authority whatsoever.

14 Likes

Ugh, and it’s a single banner image (not a background with separate text/logo element layered on top) which means that the rest of the package is barely going to change.

5 Likes

If there are going to be any changes, it looks like Sunday/Monday might be the day.

Will be much of the same old crap, including everyone’s favourite scanlines.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m probably expecting to see another “half relaunch” from Seven News whereby the logo + supers and some other graphics will be updated on Monday while core elements like the titlecards won’t be updated for another six months.

5 Likes

Y’know I usually like Mondays, but I’m somewhat dreading this one.

4 Likes

All this over a font…

3 Likes