Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The Melbourne bulletin went until 7.30pm followed by Ben Cousins interview.

1 Like

Caps:

3 Likes

The other markets have the Nobody Knows News Like Seven promo as well:

5 Likes

Wish we could have a 1-minute version for Brisbane, at least.

4 Likes

New voiceover for 7News Melbourne.

Sounds horrible IMO

4 Likes

New voiceover in Melbourne tonight:

“Live from Melbourne, Seven News with Peter Mitchell starts now”.

Any changes to other markets?

4 Likes

It was awful!

5 Likes

Sounds like they played a reverse card, now it’s a metro network badly copying something their affiliate did well :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Sounds very weird.

4 Likes

No jingle? :sleepy:

2 Likes

New promo calling 7 News with Mark Ferguson the undisputed news leader at 6pm.

Do they look at the ratings?

4 Likes

News leader, not ratings leader lol. Sneaky wording.

3 Likes

What do you expect from the same news service which thinks Nobody Knows Sydney like they do?

If I was a promo producer at TCN, I’d be doing a promotional campaign for Nine News which hits back at both this and the 10 News First brand. Combine this with an emphasis on the fact that Peter Overton is the newsreader Sydney has trusted for more than ten years and you’re onto a winner.

1 Like

It is an undisputed porky.

1 Like

I liked the idea of it. It’s just a bit weak sounding.
It needs to be louder.

Interestingly the VO artist for this new one is John Stanton.
Haven’t heard him on TV in ages - I like his voice, I think the timing of it is off.

2 Likes

Didn’t he start voicing Hyundai commercials (something I have a vague memory of him doing around the Early 2000s) again sometime in the last year or so? Or am I thinking or someone else?

As far as television news is concerned, I’m pretty sure John Stanton voiced some promos for Ten Eyewitness News in the 1980s…not sure whether he ever did Openers though.

1 Like

He used to do various commercials. Even acted in McLeods Daughters for a while as well

I remember him from the Sydney Olympics?

2 Likes

7 must be intending on continuing with The Latest at 7 and news at 9.30… current promo has been extended and now includes 9.30.

3 Likes

he is or was in stan’s bloom i think