Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

5 Likes

Here’s another news logo to add to that:

From Perth

2 Likes

Ahaha I was thinking of that! Perth hasn’t updated their promos to include the “new” 7News logo :confused:

Did you also manage to capture the report with footage of the Sydney Olympics with the old ribbon logo?

I’m not one to usually comment on presenter fashion, but what Jennifer Keyte wore on tonight’s bulletin was shocking! I initially thought there was a problem with my TV!

7 Likes

^ I could believe my eyes either when I saw Jen wearing the “seismic” dress. What is the wardrobe department doing?

1 Like

Wonder how man epileptic fits were caused by that outfit.

1 Like

Knowing some of the absurd complaints that get published there, I’m sure that Jennifer Keyte’s rather interesting outfit would’ve attracted some letters to The Age’s Green Guide! :stuck_out_tongue:

Craig McPherson’s push to revive Today Tonight

Short piece that says what the title does

But, resurrecting TT is not top of McPherson’s in-tray while the Brisbane news operation needs more urgent attention. “I’d certainly like to create another news and public affairs program, but that’s not going to happen in the immediate future,” McPherson said.

Interesting comment about Brisbane

In another article

Seven’s Craig McPherson reports rise in audience share

Craig McPherson refuses to lay down a title marker, but there are signs Seven News is making ­inroads as it chases Nine in the battleground eastern states.

“We’re encouraged by what we’re seeing in Sydney and Melbourne and I believe we’ve got the teams to be No 1,” ­McPherson said.

“We’re encouraged by what we’re seeing in Sydney and Melbourne and I believe we’ve got the teams to be No 1,” ­McPherson said.

Yes they do. They’re sitting at home on the sofa weekdays watching the B team.

6 Likes

Yep, I think it’s quite obvious what Seven need to do in Queensland. Rod & Kay back on weeknight ASAP!

Maybe they could continue having Peter Mitchell in Melbourne, but in Sydney it’s pretty obvious that they could do with a better main presenter. Although we all know that they will persist with their current weeknight newsreader and “face of Channel Seven Sydney” regardless! :confounded:

1 Like

Baffled at the state of Seven News here in Perth.

Believe it or not, the lead story tonight was THE OSCARS?!?!

4 Likes

It was here in Melbourne too.
9 News ran with the Pell enquiry

As far as I can tell, Seven News Sydney also lead with the Oscars.

On Nine News Sydney, I think it was a local court case that was first followed by the Pell Inquiry while Oscars didn’t get a run until a good 15 minutes or so into the bulletin.

Seven Brisbane also started with Oscars. Both Nine and Ten left them until just before the first break.

2 Likes

I don’t often complain about running order decisions since often the rundown is a ‘common sense’ or ‘personal preference’ matter. However I did find it odd that Seven News Melbourne lead with The Oscars when there were three to four other stories that should have lead the bulletin

2 Likes

I don’t understand why local stories aren’t first. National and Worldwide headlines should be afterwards during the nightly bullitens (unless serious). Most people want to hear what’s going around their state first, not the world. :confused:

5 Likes

I’ve just checked and as it turns out, Nine News Sydney didn’t run their coverage of the Oscars (which was given substantial treatment of course) until about 12 minutes into the bulletin and the last thing(s) to be shown before the Weather Preview & first ad break. I think that was definitely the right thing to do, but of course that probably won’t be reflected in the ratings!

I have to agree. The most important local and national news of the day should be first. Sure, a serious major international news story should lead the 6pm news but the Oscars?

5 Likes

Seven News in Perth has lost the plot over the last year or so. Just switch it off. Total rubbish.

1 Like

If I’m not mistaken, Impact on BBC World also led with the Oscars late yesterday. Something to keep in mind.