Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

A promo for the new website was in the morning news, and the end of the 1pm update also had the promo’s new jingle instead of the usual theme. It seems like the three notes that play when the News, .com, and .au are ‘clicked’ are based on the NBC’s chimes?

4 Likes

I had suspected that too when I first saw the new 7NEWS.com.au title-cards, I wonder if some of these new elements will make their way into the bulletins…

2 Likes

You can see this below too…

Not a fan of the gold text - tacky

1 Like

This looks new! The 7NEWS logo animates and rotates to promote the website and then returns back after about 10 seconds or so.

EDIT: Yep just checked my archive. Last night’s broadcast did not contain this animation.

ts-Seven%20News_2

7 Likes

I’ve noticed dents in the bench behind Sam and Kochie (surely someone has a pot of touch up paint) as well as the state of the blue couch.

2 Likes

Saw the animated watermark on the Federal Budget update last night.

2 Likes

The 7News app has been removed.

Maybe it’s relaunching to coincide with the new website?

Actually, it appears to have been renamed to Yahoo News.

There must be a new 7News one coming then.

6 Likes

This animated 7NEWS watermark is now a permanent fixture on the Melbourne bulletin.

4 Likes

Snapshots of the promo for Seven News Sydney’s Preview Report & Ticket Competition for the Royal Easter Show, which is probably more or less a confirmation that Amber Laidler will again be the main reporter for their coverage:

6 Likes

Apologies for the double post but here’s another Royal Easter Show-related promo from Seven News Sydney, this time featuring Mark Ferguson and solely focusing on next week’s viewer competition for tickets:

Had to laugh at how some of the footage used (not shown here of course) which had the promotional flags for The Voice on Channel Nine in clear view - surprised that Seven didn’t blur them out! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

When will he get out from behind the desk and do some standing presentation :laughing:

3 Likes

Breaking News on the new screens

9 Likes

It looks so ugly.

9 Likes

Wait, so the colour red isn’t taboo at 6pm? :thinking:

8 Likes

…and obviously Nine-inspired.

Something else which fits into that category is the “Happening Now” Promotional Campaign for 7News.com.au:

Which isn’t entirely dissimilar in concept to…

3 Likes

I just noticed, Adelaide has refreshed their standing sport OTS graphics:

These ones look much better than the old grey ones, if you ask me.

19 Likes

Pointless to have them screens if all they can show is the red banner and nothing more. Not even OTS graphics.

Making it one BIG curved screen would be better.

They probably need the American guy to come and change things up, Jim Fenhagen or whatever his name is. He should’ve made it as good as he does in America.

3 Likes

Not good looking, looks awful when Nine do it as well. In fact on Nine it’s probably more ridiculous. Although it has to be mentioned that Nine’s news presentation is far superior as a whole when compared to Seven’s.

The constant fire truck IN YOUR FACE RED for breaking news is ridiculous and overly sensationalist. Oh, and ‘breaking news’ is now extremely overused as a phrase now. When a reporter is already there, I don’t consider it as breaking news.

I’m actually expecting every story to be branded as breaking news in the near future.

8 Likes

Whenever I occasionally watched the 4PM news I’d cringe whenever the sport segment started, they used it on every sport story at 4PM.

That pretty much is what happens now on the US cable news networks

3 Likes