Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Is it just me or does that actually look somewhat decent?

1 Like

8 Likes

Sharyn should be on the left side of the shot.

5 Likes

Wasn’t able to record the hour bulletin but here is the regional edition for those interested

5 Likes

Highlights from tonight’s bulletin

6 Likes

Some caps of Adelaide bulletins today.

4pm News

6pm News

12 Likes

That Adelaide set is terrific. Much better than the monstrosities elsewhere.

6 Likes

The way it is utiilsed for the 4pm bulletin is awesome!
Graphics look great!

6 Likes

I love the Adelaide set. If they could utilise a wider opening shot, and 4PM-style OTS at 6PM then it would be perfect.

5 Likes

I think they should add a few wall mounted plasmas rather than the clunky ones. Would look 1000x better.

See I disagree, all the shots above look really tight (especially the afternoon edition).

I don’t quite get everyone’s love for the Adelaide set to be honest. And from what I’ve seen in the bulletin, there is rarely any shots of the presenters with the full desk in view. It’s not like the studio is tiny, they used to do wider shots with previous sets from the same studio.

5 Likes

They do wider shots with Today Tonight, and that’s the program which the set look great (IMO).

4 Likes

Yeah and for some unknown reason can’t replicate that for the news?:thinking:

1 Like

What’s more intriguing is the fact that there are humans operating the cameras instead of automated cameras. Baffling to say the least.

The set looks so good in TT mode (1000x better than the dark, dim ACA set which makes Tracy age 20 years).

2 Likes

Agreed

I thought they’d gone to automation, or at least stationary cameras. Baffling indeed why they use the same boring static shots.

1 Like

I see the promo has moved down to Melbourne now:

7 Likes

Why does Seven always alternate between Commsec, Westpac and Macquarie back for their finance live cross?

2 Likes

Maybe because only certain banks are available on certain days? The schedules at the banks may not be the same each day so they cross to whichever bank is free on the day. Sydney’s afternoon news typically always goes to Commsec though…

1 Like

I thought Sydney’s 4pm news typically goes to Macquarie Bank, which of course is just across the road from them…