Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Yeah usually they just include the timezone during national bulletins, local Sydney bulletins just have the usual bug.

Probably just an accidental carryover from the 5pm bulletin.

5 Likes

So there was a 7News at 5pm bulletin today, where did that air? As tennis ran until 5.30pm in Victoria… And I assume NSW, ACT, QLD, SA, TAS, NT as well. Was this just for WA?

2 Likes

We got it in SA.

3 Likes

And in Brissy

3 Likes

I received it in NSW aswell

2 Likes

A space would be good.

13 Likes

Hoping 2018 will see the introduction of new sets to at least Melbourne and Brisbane they are long over due and are starting to look stale on camera (especially the Melbourne set)

6 Likes

Word of mouth - Melbourne to receive a new set after the Tennis.

14 Likes

I wonder if the design of this new Seven News Melbourne set will be similar to the current Sydney/national set-up or something different entirely?

Either way, I agree that Seven News Melbourne & Brisbane are well overdue for a full set upgrade. HD production is also needed in those cities, but I won’t be holding my breath for that.

8 Likes

I don’t think Melbourne will upgrade to HD in the foreseeable future. Its an expensive exercise because the whole newsroom would no doubt need to be upgraded too… But we could all be surprised! Who knows!

3 Likes

Perth needs a new set most of all.

10 Likes

I hope the graphics part is true. Desperately needed.

1 Like

If any major Australian network desperately needs a top to toe branding relaunch in 2018, it’s Ten by a very long margin. But that’s for another topic.

Personally I think the current On-Air Presentation for Seven News is rather cheap and gaudy looking IMO, but unfortunately I wouldn’t put it past them to do yet another slow and stilted rebrand. Whenever they next relaunch, I’d probably also expect any new look Seven News to have more than a few hints of inspiration from Nine News’ current branding.

4 Likes

Considering Perth could probably be presented using a cardboard box as a desk / a curtain for a backdrop and still win the ratings, I can’t imagine a new set would be on the cards any time soon.

7 Likes

Doesnt mean it shouldn’t happen.

4 Likes

A new opener please.

I don’t mind the graphics in general but it would be good to see some freshening up here and there (ie new headline graphics, maybe some tweaked full-screens or effects etc).

2 Likes

The graphics Seven used for the citizenship case in the high court looked very professional and modern, perhaps a package based off that would be good.

Exactly. The talent is there, it’s just the stupid management that doesn’t use them.

1 Like

HD upgrades in Melbourne? Not for now. New set in Brisbane? Not either, especially budget cuts occur that killed the weekend news production and crew in the Gold Coast submarket.

2 Likes

But the weekend Gold Coast News production was never viable in the first place and a complete waste of time

1 Like