Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

TVW’s content has been rubbish for years.

2 Likes

I always watch Seven News perth but I agree, I think myself and a lot of others would agree that we are sick and tired of hearing about “what’s new at the eagles”, “what the dockers are doing” “Nat Fyfe exclusive” “Ben cousins in jail” I’m a huge AFL fan but we don’t need to hear every 2 mins about pointless AFL crap in that 15 mins they provide news… I like today tonight with Monika presenting but I’m starting to think what is the point of today tonight if Seven News always goes overtime anyway by 5 mins and the weather is literally 40 seconds.

1 Like

Wednesday 23 May

11:00 AM Seven News Special: Lindt Cafe Siege Coroner Findings

Live coverage of the Lindt Cafe Siege Coroner findings.

(So far Seven have only advised this amendment for Sydney).

Disappointment reigns when hearing that “Smile Sydney” isn’t followed by “You’re on Candid Camera”:

1 Like

That’s a horrible promo. Ferguson looks no different from when he was at Nine.

The “Mark Ferguson” text is bigger than the Seven News logo in that endtag.

I get that the main newsreader is an important part of the brand, but you don’t see Nine News Sydney running Promo Endtags with massive “Peter Overton” text and a comparatively small Nine News logo! :confused:

1 Like

That sort of faff belongs on a consumer affairs program. Bring back Today Tonight so we have a proper place for reports like these and the nightly Helen Wellings piece.

1 Like

Update: Live coverage now starting at 10:00 AM

1 Like

Breaking News clock

3 Likes

WHY IS IT SO BIG?

2 Likes

What a mess.

Lint Cafe siege findings

4 Likes

2 Likes

Have to say, after watching yesterday’s coverage on the attack and today’s coverage, a thought kept on pondering in my mind. How is it that they absolutely nail major news coverage better than Nine but fails completely when it comes to the 6pm news in every state (as some members here believe)?

3 Likes

Analysis of findings followed by Midday news on Seven

3 Likes

Has anyone recorded Sevens coverage of the Sydney siege findings?

Some.

1 Like

It’s also rather interesting to note that in recent times, the ratings gap between the news services of Seven and Nine here in Sydney has been increasing again. I suspect this has quite a lot to do with the fact that we’re approaching Winter when TV ratings are generally higher.

For all we know, Seven News Sydney might close the gap again later in the year when the network will have the Rugby League World Cup and other major sporting events to bridge that awkward gap Nine Sydney will have to endure between the NRL and cricket seasons. But until September/October at least, I would probably expect the Sydney news ratings to continue to fall in Nine’s favour.

Possibly because different management is in charge of national/rolling news coverage compared to the 6pm bulletin? Also, I’d question if Nine really made the best presenter choices for their daytime rolling news coverage yesterday.

Could you please upload? :blush:

Sure - when i get a chance later today hopefully.