Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Are we seeing the same set?

2 Likes

A full screen breaking news backdrop like has been shown in the latest 9 News promos. Just a coincidence I’d say.

2 Likes

I agree with @TFTV. One of the best in the country, after 9 Perth’s.

2 Likes

Seven’s current news sets are generally too boxy, too blue and too outdated for my liking. I’d say they’re the best in Australia…if you only compare them with the news sets used by regional news services.

Nine (whether it’s the old or new designs), Ten and the ABC all have superior news set designs IMO. I think I’d even go as far as saying that SBS World News and it’s tiny set looks a bit nicer than any Seven News set currently in use.

1 Like

Does someone at 7 News have shares in a medical cannabis company? Stories about it 3 nights in a row.

ATN (Seven Sydney) have gone from Australian Open to live news coverage of NSW premier Mike Baird resignation announcement. I’m not sure if other Seven stations are still with the tennis or have also gone with the news coverage?

3 Likes

Also being live streamed on Facebook Live (has this been happening for long?)

1 Like

Nine cut to news coverage before Seven did.

1 Like

Brisbane sticking with tennis.

3 Likes

ATN (Seven Sydney) is back with the tennis. Coverage of the press conference is continuing on TCN (Nine Sydney) and ABC. UPDATE: TCN has now gone back to Today Extra.

1 Like

Nothing in Melbourne but AO.

1 Like

Why would other stations in Australia have gone to the press conference?

It’s a local NSW story.

3 Likes

To be fair, Seven did have network commitments with the Australian Open.

It’s not like Nine or Ten (for example) had any major telecasts happening/starting at the time.

A major broadcast operation like the Australian Open is no doubt meticulously planned, from the coverage at Melbourne Park to the programming line-up to the broadcasting switches / commercials.

It was breaking news as well.

7 Likes

Does anyone know what the green block things on the RHS of the Martin Place studio that is next to.the Sunrise Plasma and right behind the blue bars is meant for? To block the exit or just for decoration?

I agree. Really by the time 7 News cut away from the press conference I knew all I needed to know - it was a good bite size informative breakaway from the tennis. It was not like there was a big scandal that has been uncovered. Given the basic headline (“Premier resigns”) says all it needs there was little need for huge rolling coverage.

6 Likes

Do you mean the blocky wall just to the right of Angie, before the blue of the Sunrise set? If so, it’s just the Sunrise news background, and probably serves both of those purposes, blocking the exit and decoration. Would probably look disjointed if there was just a gap between the two sets.

Second image from MLVD.

5 Likes

It’s taken 6 years, but FINALLY the 7NEWS social media promo before the Weather has been updated!
Uses the globe from national use as the background.

1 Like

I have to say I think Seven did a better job in Sydney covering the resignation of Mike Baird. The Seven newsroom’s proximity to Macquarie Street certainly comes in handy during times when state politics is making headlines. Musher did an excellent job interviewing Baird at the news desk tonight.

4 Likes

Not to mention the fact that Seven shares their building with the State Government’s executive offices. The Premier’s office and Seven’s newsroom are literally a lift ride away from each other.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Seven News (Regional Qld)