Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

What, the local carpark?

6 Likes

The night before looked like a beer garden (it was Currumbin RSL)

Tomorrow is Club Helensvale

1 Like

Interest Rate update

3 Likes

Seven News could learn from TV3

3 Likes

ah no, that is even worse.

whats the obsession with globes?

2 Likes

Why not this then?

8 Likes

Why not indeed.

Doesn’t even need to be a fancy virtual thing, just a looped shot from the newsroom, control room or a nice generic cityscape somewhere (ie Martin Place).

5 Likes

That is just a greyscale version of the old TV3 backdrop that I recoloured with the 7 News red.

Lightwell and Jim Mann makes these type of backgrounds all the time.

They did the old TV3 one, ITV News and ABC news backdrops.

Today we are bowling on the Gold Coast - the week is looking like a promo for each club.

And the weather is from the bar!!

5 Likes

What’s the bet that within the next six months or so, Seven News Sydney will do something similar by getting Mark Ferguson to present a full week of bulletins from clubs in the Western suburbs?! Possible locations could include clubs where they’ve done OBs before like the Rooty Hill RSL, Bankstown Sports, Liverpool Catholic Club, etc. Sorry, couldn’t resist! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But seriously…presenting news bulletins, even regional news bulletins in front of people playing lawn bowls and lining up to get a schnitty ‘n’ beer looks absolutely ridiculous IMO! If you’re going to present news bulletins on location, at least present them from somewhere where the location doesn’t distract from the content of the bulletin!

I think this often used image (one I’ll definitely admit to rather enjoy using in this thread!) perfectly resembles the reaction of those in the newsroom at 50 Cavil Avenue who have seen Seven Gold Coast News “local club” bulletin OBs this week:

8 Likes

Looked and sounded terrible. Very distracting and little more that a 30 minute promo for a club. You’d think they could have got at least one TV in the bar to tune to Seven :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The picture gag was funny the first time. It starts to wear thin when it’s brought out time and time again…

10 Likes

Yeah, I actually agree.

Onto other matters now. After having the misfortune of seeing it again tonight, surely I’m not the only one who is still rather annoyed by that large “BREAKING NEWS” super-thingy that lasts several seconds on the screen? You think that it transitions into the information super, but that pops up separately!

1 Like

Paralympics transition

6 Likes

If you are going to use a globe, you might as well make it as big as possible. Came across this news service

12 Likes

Jim Wilson in the Paralympics studio

2 Likes

Opera House titlecard on the front of the desk

8 Likes

Coolangatta SLSC

4 Likes

Was supposed to be Southport Sharks tonight. Might have been disrupted due to union strikes.

1 Like

4BC cross promotion

1 Like