Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

In Brissy one news outlet calls itself “Queensland’s Number One” and the other “Brisbane’s Number One”

10 Likes

Mark Ferguson makes a brief appearance in the Hollywood film War Dogs.

Why. Also doing what…

Movie Director: " We had big hype before the movie, but since we released the movie, sales have been dropping. Just can’t put my finger on the problem!" :wink:

1 Like

just he like does weeknights, playing a news anchor

1 Like

LOL those “acting” lessons came in handy… I just assumed he was being his usual self, a cardboard cut-out which adds nothing to the surrounds.

2 Likes

Does the “national 7 afternoon news” usually have a clock towards the end?

3 Likes

Local Gold Coast promo - “best pictures, best reporters”

3 Likes

I don’t think so.

Personally, I’m more concerned that Seven are still using the rotating Olympics “watermark” when the event is now over!

3 Likes

I think they have used a clock before during the beginning, but not sure. I also see they are still using the previous Live-Cross graphic from the previous graphics package! :confused:

1 Like

It’s the first time I have notice the clock in wa

Clock as part of crawler

4 Likes

I think the system generating the clock has been misconfigured (the clock would be localised due to the timezones). I have noticed it show up during other programming at the same time as classification and/or closed captioning symbols are displayed

It was happening a couple of weeks back prior to the new 7 news graphics too, but with the old clock:

5 Likes

This is how the 7 Gold Coast station ran updates tonight.

First up was a local news update from the local studio with Rod Young. Next was a weather update from the Brisbane studio with Brisbane weather presenter Tony Auden devoted to Gold Coast weather (despite the title having an image of Brisbane), then a Brisbane news update with Sharyn Ghidella but with Gold Coast weather. Later there was a national update. A couple of promos that ran are also included in the video.

2 Likes

Interesting to see 7 Brisbane doing a news update featuring Gold Coast weather info for that market.

If they can manage that, why can’t they do one extra featuring Regional QLD weather, for broadcast into the other 7QLD markets?

1 Like

Ha, that bottled water “Special Report” they’re promoting for tomorrow in Queensland was shown here in Sydney tonight. Makes me wonder if it’s common for Seven (and Nine, to be fair) to run many of these reports in one particular market first followed by another the next night and so on until all cities have seen it.

He is seen briefly doing a report on the Iraq war. It is only fleeting, but it’s real footage from a National Nine News bulletin.

1 Like

Ticker on Melbourne Afternoon News

3 Likes

I’ve changed my opinion, before I just saw the graphics from caps, but now just seeing the afternoon news, I actually quite like them

1 Like