Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

What are you talking about, the title card for the news?

2 Likes

Only on grand final day would a story about a mentally deranged teen going on a rampage in Melbourne’s CBD be pushed back until 6.30pm.

7 Likes

7News Melbourne concluded at 7.10pm tonight.

3 Likes

So the promo all week advertising a Federation Square bulletin was updated to include Mark Soderstrom yesterday…

… yet mysteriously at 5:50 this evening Jane Doyle appears from the Adelaide studio instead. My thoughts were something must’ve gone wrong with the on-location presentation (rare to see Jane presenting a weekend bulletin!?) but then at 6:20 local time the bulletin crossed to Jessica outside of the MCG.

9 Likes

Maybe it didn’t happen due to Adelaide losing?

8 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, Seven News Melbourne is produced in SD. Any HD channel airings (pre-2010, that one off for Grand Final Day 2015, May 2016-now) of the bulletin would be upconverted.

AFAIK, Sydney (live studio camera footage + graphics only) and Perth are the only markets that have any level of HD production from Seven News. Hopefully this will change in 2018, but I’m not holding my breath for that…

4 Likes

It was said a while ago that Melbourne was getting a new set sometime soon. Maybe HD production will start then too?

1 Like

Bit hard to top Nine’s new look even if HD is introduced.

2 Likes

A big blooper in a Seven News promo which aired just before the weather on the afternoon news in Sydney today.

18 Likes

God that is seriously creepy.

3 Likes

This was the best part of that stuff up!! :rofl:

16 Likes

They can both tell something is up… But then act as if nothing is wrong?

8 Likes

How can you tell they can tell something is up and how would they know? Is the news like with Sunrise how there is a small screen down the bottom of the camera so the presenters can see back what is being shown on Seven at that moment of time, at least when there is no ad break?

Did you watch the video? The facial expressions by both of them tell it all…

It’s professional to ignore it, but more engaging to acknowledge it and then move on.

7 Likes

Yeah I watched it but I thought that’s how they would always act in the moments before they are “on” after an ad break if you know what I mean; you would not know what they do when they are not on would you?

Just watched my recording and further to that, the freaky promo started playing during Ann’s plug for the 6pm news in the closer as well… Rather spooky. Again, Ann just ignored it and talked over it as if it never happened…

2 Likes

I guess it saves face if they pretend it didn’t happen, but it would probably have been more polite to say something like:

We apologise for that minor technical error, now we are joined by Dave Brown…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Umm :thinking:

2 Likes

If they have vision, it is news. But to be fair it was only on screen for a few seconds in a sports report.