Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

a link will do :wink:

Okay. I look forward to it. Thanks again :slight_smile:

Not a bad little production. Mal Walden, David Johnston have appeared (just to name a few)

4 Likes

Some great archival footage being shown tonight on the 7 News Special.

5 Likes

Who’s the narrator? His voice sounds familiar

1 Like

Is it being streamed online anywhere?

If it’s man landing on the moon I am going to be soooooo pissed.

All of Seven’s channels are being streamed online or via the PLUS7 & 7Live apps.

Richard Carter

So what is the no.1 news item of the past 60 years according to the news special?

1 Like

9/11. The moon landing second.

3 Likes

last time they counted down top news events it was the other way around!

Pretty pathetic list if you ask me. JFK assassination as number 3?

1 Like

I don’t know about anybody else, but for Black Saturday (our worst peace-time disaster, nearly 200 people killed) to not even get a mention…

Something went seriously wrong when the producers were researching for this special :confused:

2 Likes

My top 10 news events of the last 60 years

1. The Moon Landing
  2. 9/11
  3. January 2011 Queensland Flood crisis
  4. Black Saturday fires
  5. Port Arthur massacre
  6. Beaconsfield Mine disaster and rescue
  7. Sydney Cafe Siege
  8. Thredbo landslide and the rescue of Stuart Diver
  9. Sydney 2000 Summer Olympics
  10. Ash Wednesday bushfires

How many hours of rehearsals went into this??

(doesn’t look totally terrible but it does highlight how poorly planned the new set is, there should be at least half a dozen really good looking angles/shots but instead they are stuck doing stuff like this).

5 Likes

Would love to know what you consider a big news event if you don’t rank man landing on the moon for the first time and the assassination of a sitting US president as big news events. Did the news bulletins not have long enough openers those nights?

11 Likes

I really like that angle in Sydney with the two plasmas!

5 Likes

Does anyone know how I could find all 5 versions of the Seven News Special with each of the five different hosts/presenters from around the country. When I checked on Plus7 this morning, I could only access the 1 from my capital city/location Perth when I thought I would be able to see all 5 of them like I can with the Seven News’ themselves each day. This really disappointed me since I like some of the other presenters like Mark Ferguson and Peter Mitchell and it would be much appreciated if someone here could tell me how to find their versions of it. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

The Perth version is the only one that was uploaded, its what I’m seeing from Sydney as well.

I am first to criticise 7 and their use of pre-recorded lives but others are right. If the live super is up, it is live. Sure, they only have a certain number of live trucks, let’s say 3, then they have TVU backpacks, let’s say another 3 (at least), that is capability of 6 lives in a bulletin.

7 though are notoriously bad for doing pre-recorded lives where they put both the reporter and presenter in boxes but they DON’T put up the live bugs for these. They may not say it is live but it is misleading.

1 Like