ABC News (Channel)

The (ugly) set doesn’t mix well with the graphics at all, seems like quite a youthful news program for what I presume is an older skewing channel.

3 Likes

ABC News channel creating a dangerous precedent by broadcasting, ‘live’ the moon landing, as it happened 50 years ago to the moment. It’s in the box in the bottom right hand corner above the clock, while normal programming continues around it.

Why dangerous? You ask… Well, are we going to do this for September 11 and other momentous events 50 years on? This is supposed to be a live, current news channel.

1 Like

I think it is odd to have that in the bottom right corner, particularly when they have the moonwalk available on iview, but I don’t think it is a

2 Likes

Don’t see how you can draw a parallel between those events. There’s a bit of a difference between celebrating one of the greatest achievements of mankind and commemorating human tragedy. Common sense should tell you broadcasting a tragedy in real time as a way of remembering an event is in very poor taste. Just as not one news outlet in the world decided to broadcast the assassination of JFK in real time on the 50th anniversary, I wouldn’t think any would be silly enough to even consider doing it for September 11.

20 Likes

Yeah, I don’t really have any problems with the ABC News Channel using PiP to show the moonwalk in realtime (or close enough to it) as a one-off on a sleepy Sunday afternoon for news.

Now if they did something like this on a weekday when there’s a major news story happening, that would be quite different.

7 Likes

What is it with you and the moon landing ‘King?

2 Likes

Between 2006 and 2017, MSNBC used to dedicate the morning of September 11 to re-air in real time the Today Show’s coverage of the attacks. To say the ‘tradition’ was controversial would be an understatement

1 Like

I don’t get it ?

Newsking’s post is completely bonkers, however American networks have broadcast it on anniversaries.

1 Like

Sad, tacky and tasteless to rebroadcast the entire incident in real time. I’m shocked there wasn’t more of an outcry given the thousands directly effected by it. I’d be disappointed if any Australian news channel ever did it.

2 Likes

The Capital Hill program is back after many years off. On sitting days at 1.40pm before Question Time:

3 Likes

Friday Fix coming out of Sydney tonight.

Jane Hutcheon announces she’s leaving One Plus One and the ABC…

1 Like

Rather amusing moment on News 24. Patricia interviewing Andrew Leigh and the link dropped out… Next moment you see Andrew getting up, appearing quite angry and yelling ‘Sarah’. They then cut the feed.

TIM FISCHER STATE FUNERAL

Former Deputy PM Tim Fischer’s funeral will be broadcast live on ABC NEWS

Thursday 29 August at 1.00pm AEST

Michael Rowland will be MC of the service being held at the Albury Entertainment Centre.

Appears to be coming from Canberra studio today.

1 Like

News channel showing QLD bulletin at 7 tonight. Finally a new set coming?

The 12pm bulletin today (via ABC HD), still from the Canberra studio:

4 Likes

Where was Weekend Breakfast from?

1 Like

Canberra as well.

1 Like