Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This gets posted so often but to be honest, I don’t really understand everyone’s obsession with this promo. It’s a single ad and it isn’t really that remarkable. All it does is list out the various bulletins Ten used to air across the day with some music.

I can think of far more noteworthy and eyecatching promotional campaigns off the top of my head e.g. the original ‘Make the Switch’ campaign, Nine’s ‘Who’s Who’ campaign between 2000-2005, Witness Ten News, etc etc.

Edit: 'Who makes Ten News first at five? You do." is probably the best campaign Ten’s ever had, because it reinforces two points with one slogan.

4 Likes

Dat Tim Bailey haricut :wink:

6 Likes

Right here, right now…reminds me of Aerobics Oz Style

One thing I’ve noticed…

In Sydney, the 6pm bulletin is HD for the set and graphics.

BUT the evening updates eg 7.40pm etc are aired in upscaled SD.

Is it like this in Melbourne and anywhere else where’s it’s normally HD at 6pm? (during the Olympics at least).

1 Like

I’m surprised that you’ve only just noticed!

Yep, it’s only the live studio cameras/graphics that are in native HD with the rest being SD on Seven. As far as HD-produced news is concerned, Nine (at least from a Sydney perspective) does it the best IMO.

3 Likes

I liked the original Who’s Who of News promo from 1993. This is the first version that went to air AFAIK and was for the Sydney market. Ironically it was the product of an advertising agency (note Mark Burrows gets a mention).

7 Likes

This is one of my favourites from recent times. Does anyone know if it was from Mcknight?

2 Likes

From what I remember being told on the old forums, it’s from a little after blackbox’s time producing news promos! :wink:

Even better, there were many versions created for other Nine stations, WIN’s markets and TAS TV the next year. It worked very well.

Seven News still can’t get the French flag right…

5 Likes

Needs more bullet holes

6 Likes

“Netherlands and France both have the same colour flags, that will do!” :rolling_eyes:

So why are South Australia getting “Seven Afternoon News” at 4:30pm [CST]?

Is it only because “Rio Highlights” with Kylie Gillies ends production on the east coast at 5pm, so they have nothing for SA? (Because they can’t start “The Chase Australia” there at the time)

I think Perth and Darwin have also been getting an afternoon news.

1 Like

Also shown on 7 Gold Coast at 5pm

1 Like

Perth was showing the news at 3.30 then chase Australia St 4pm

4 Likes

Is that graphic put together by some sort of faulty robot without human input? Because I find it hard to believe that a Seven employee could make so many basic mistakes so often.

There’s a certain Seven presenter who can’t manage to get through a sentence without tripping over their tongue.

3 Likes

Sorry if I haven’t been paying too much attention to Seven’s new graphics (as they seen to change each day) but what am I looking at here (from 7 local news)? Most other graphics are blue.

5 Likes

They use the red for breaking news here in Sydney, usually accompanied by a huge logo in the top left corner and full screen transitions at every opportunity.

6 Likes