Seven News and Current Affairs

To quote the post literally above yours:

I know Brisbane also went to the red ribbon on Jan 1 2000, as seen:

3 Likes

Forgot about the era where the ribbon and “Nightly” coexisted!

2 Likes

A Seven Nightly News Melbourne promo from 1999 thanks to Rhett Bartlett

4 Likes

Wow… good old Jennifer Adam’s. I liked her.

1 Like

Did Perth switch to red before 2000? My memory is useless but I thought they stayed with blue and the old logo until afterwards. I’m sure there was a time where the late news (from Sydney) was red and Perth was still blue. It has been too long so I am probably wrong.

While true crime isn’t my favourite genre, it’s often has some good historical news clips. Seven’s news 3 parter is Armed and Dangerous. The first episode to air features “heists” and clips with Roger Climpson and Mike Higgins. I don’t recall the “78” background ever on Seven Brisbane, but that is the year of the news item. Love the bow tie and ruffles :grinning:

4 Likes

Would that have been from a news special featuring a round up of the year’s events or was the bulletin branded “News 78” at that time? He seems a tad over-dressed to be reading a nightly news bulletin.

4 Likes

That makes sense.

1 Like

Seven Nightly News Sydney - Sunday 27/4/1997

10 Likes

Monday November 18 1996 -
Lexi Hamilton-Smith Co-presented in Queensland alongside the late Frank Warrick. Tracey Challenor presented the state’s evening news updates five days earlier.

6 Likes

June 18th 1999 Ch7 news is now online.
Includes reports on Australia winning thrilling 1999 World Cup semi final in the cricket

4 Likes

Video blocked unfortunately.

1 Like

It’s blocked atm by an overseas cricket provider who is objecting to 20 seconds worth of cricket footage. I’ve raised a dispute in the hope they will unblock it soon

4 Likes

Ch7 promo of their reporters and staff

1 Like

Early Tim Watson promo for Seven News

1 Like

Complete Ch7 News Melbourne, 23 July 1995, now up on my youtube

7 Likes

August 3rd, 2001 Channel 7 Melbourne full news program is now on my youtube channel

8 Likes

Seven probably saw how well it worked for Ten with David and Jo in Melbourne and thought they would replicate it? Glenn Taylor was gone 2 years later.

2 Likes

August 30, 1999 7 late news with Garry Wilkinson now up on my YT

7 Likes

Late 90s Ch7 news sprouting their Nielsen Ratings win.
(poor audio)

4 Likes