Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

I think both these shows will perform poorly on the main channel & should have been on 7Two in all markets, where it could have pulled a large share.

Did Seven do somrthing similar last year?

Changing the Friday strategy in Sydney, Brisbane & Perth from the usual 8:30pm movie?

Last year Seven showed Martin Clunes’ Islands of Australia on Friday nights to good ratings success. However this happened after the AFL season had concluded. This time I don’t think the new documentaries will be a match for live NRL in Sydney and Brisbane.

They have to screen something and trying out something different to umpteenth repeats of movies might work.

A program schedule has been received from Seven for the week commencing 30 April but it is 80% TBAs so no point posting until more info (doesn’t even include MKR final).

I See The Goldbergs are Back with the Final Episodes of Season Three, I don’t know how much longer will see New Eps on Seven but it’s better that 7flix shall air Season Four First.

Trial and Error will premier on the main channel 30 April following the MKR final with one episode then a double on Wednesday of the same week.

###Week commencing 30 April 2017

Sunday 30 April
07:00 PM House Rules Season 5 Season Premiere
08:00 PM My Kitchen Rules Season Final
10:15 PM Trial and Error S1 Ep1 Season Premiere
10:45 PM The Blacklist S4 Ep17
11:45 PM Training Day S1 Ep9

Monday 1 May
07:30 PM House Rules
08:40 PM Seven Year Switch
09:50 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell Rpt
10:50 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA Rpt
11:50 PM The Goldbergs S3 Ep21

Tuesday 2 May
09:30 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares Rpt
10:30 PM The Amazing Race S29 Ep4

Wednesday 3 May
08:40 PM The Aussie Property Flippers S1 Ep2
09:50 PM Trial and Error S1 Ep2 and 3
10:50 PM Blindspot S2 Ep19
11:50 PM Bates Motel S4 S1 Season Premiere

Thursday 4 May
08:40 PM Wedding Surprises: Caught On Camera

Melbourne, Adelaide
09:30 PM The Front Bar
10:40 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
11:40 PM Grimm S5 Ep11

Friday 5 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM Tales From The Coast with Robson Green S1 Ep2
09:30 PM The Secret Life of Dogs S2 Ep2

Melbourne
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
07:30 PM AFL: Rnd 7: St Kilda v GWS
11:00 PM TBA

Adelaide
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 7: St Kilda v GWS
10:30 PM TBA

Saturday 6 May

Melbourne
06:30 PM The Kick
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 7: Western Bulldogs v Richmond

Adelaide
04:00 PM AFL: Rnd 7: Port Adelaide v West Coast
07:00 PM TBA
10:00 PM TBA

Check local guides for local details of AFL coverage and updates in Seven AFL Coverage

Ten tried this tactic with the Masterchef finale a few years ago and there was a major backlash.

They’ve learnt from their mistakes a few years ago - when MKR finished and they waited a good few weeks before launching HR, and then no one watched.

1 Like

Still no sign new series of Criminal Minds?

Five episodes of House Rules in the first week? I don’t believe it. Assuming Sunday is still house reveal night then a lot must have happened in the week of renovation that warranted five episodes instead of three.

It’s only four episodes but they have decided to split episode one into two parts.

It’s always been four episodes per week.

1 Like

Masterchef’s 24 Hour Advantage Lost.

I dont see House Rules being too much competition.

IIRC Ten went 7pm Masterchef, 8pm Renovators, 9pm Masterchef continues.

What 24 hour advantage - MasterChef was always starting on Monday. This schedule would have no effect on Nine or Ten’s plans.

Bates Motel S4 E1 on Seven? Must be why Netflix only has S1-3.

1 Like

In the past four seasons of House Rules, each interior renovation had four episodes (3 renovation episodes + house reveal). However, it looks like for the first renovation of season 5, it will be six episodes (5 renovation episodes + house reveal), providing house reveal stays on Sunday nights.

Didn’t you read the comment about the first epiaode being obviously split over two nights? You really study these stats hard. Do you have an obsessive compulsive disorder about numbers of episodes?

No, it looks as though they are burning through two renovations in one week next week. Fiona and Nicole’s Victorian house that must be built from scratch is first with the whole house reveal on Tuesday night (which is why it is 2 hours long) and Kate and Harry’s SA house is next with this reveal on the next Sunday night as you would expect. It would seem that there will be only 3 episodes for one renovation, as can be seen from the episode descriptions for next week. Maybe Seven wanted to ensure viewers will see LLB next week and not wait until the following Sunday for a reveal episode that he would appear in, with the endless promotion they are doing of him in the lead up to the premiere.