Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Is that a question, or a statement?

Certainly sounds like something that should be in the 2016 Ratings Predictions thread. :wink:

1 Like

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:795, topic:41, full:true”]
### Australia’s Cheapest Weddings[/quote]Channel Seven’s schedule make LOL. Certainly wouldn’t feel out of place with the shit they continue to dish up to their loyal viewers. :roll_eyes:

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:796, topic:41, full:true”]
One would expect The Chase Australia would have one of its highest audiences of 2016, following the Melbourne Cup?[/quote]I think you’ve entered the wrong thread with this Luke? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Seven seem to be slightly panicking with all these shows that look like they were scheduled for next year being pulled forward. Their post-Olympic schedule has been under-performing in the younger demographics so they are filling the line up with younger skewing shows. So many episodes of Big Bang scheduled over the upcoming weeks.

4 Likes

It’s now even worse than Nine had at its worst with TBBT repeats.

FTA is falling deeper into a hole as every week passes by now (which is truly hard to believe these days I know).

Thank god there’s plenty of alternatives out there with streaming etc.

4 Likes

I don’t really understand why seven have launched all these shows for the last 3 weeks of ratings period, we probably shouldn’t complain. But surely First Dates would have been better off kept for the beginning of the year. Cheapest Weddings I can understand airing over summer.

Do you think they still have a chance to claim the year in some of the younger demos? Is that why they have brought these shows forward?

People whinge when the networks have shut up shop early for the summer and then they whinge when they show new episodes of a series at the end of the ratings season. :laughing:

3 Likes

They are shows I wouldn’t watch anyway, but no we shouldn’t whinge. I think it seeks of desperation and seems very strange. Hopefully it is a sign of things to come.

They’re certainly desperate to push their demo numbers up but maybe they should be planning their year out better rather than trying to pack the schedule with multiple episodes of reality shows, or repeats of a certain basic sit-com, or chopping and changing the schedule every day.

Most of Seven’s schedule doesn’t appeal to me. There are only two shows I’m watching on the channel and one I’m recording for later.

3 Likes

###Week commencing 6 November 2016

Sunday 6 November
07:00 PM The X-Factor (TBA)
08:30 PM Sunday Night
09:30 PM Afghanistan: The Australian Story Premiere

Monday 7 November
07:30 PM The X-Factor (TBA)
08:40 PM The Secret Daughter S1, Ep 6 Season Final
09:40 pm The Big Bang Theory x 3
11:10 PM The Catch S1. Ep7

Tuesday 8 November
07:30 PM First Dates
08:40 PM Gold Coast Medical
09:40 PM Cold Feet
10:40 PM Chicago Fire S4, Ep 11

Wednesday 9 November
07:30 PM Highway Patrol S8, Ep 10 Season Final
08:00 PM Beach Cops S2, Ep6 Season Final
08:30 PM TBA
09:00 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell S3 Ep6
10:00 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
11:00 PM Blindspot S2 Ep7
12:00 AM Hannibal S3 Ep7

Thursday 10 November
07:00 PM Home and Away x 3
09:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 3

Friday 11 November
07:00 PM Better Homes and Gardens

Saturday 12 November
07:00 PM Movie: TBA
09:30 PM Late Movie: TBA

It is too close to call at this stage. Seven have lost what looked like an unbeatable lead earlier in the year.

Eight episodes of Big Bang on the main channel plus another 10 on 7Flix in the above schedule just released.

Meanwhile we’re still anxiously waiting for the premiere of Cannonball Australia. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

And The Return of The Goldbergs on Seven. maybe New Eps on Thursdays and Black_Ish on 7flix.

How many episodes does the first season of The Secret Daughter have? I thought it was ten.

Addendum to above schedule

Sunday 6 November

09:30 PM Afghanistan: The Australian Story Premiere

Always six

Next week is the finale according to TV Week.

And the schedule posted above :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a bit off-topic but this situation is exactly why I think the ratings year should consist of all 52 weeks in a year instead of roughly 40 weeks (TV Cynic or others can correct me on that). If the networks had to ‘properly’ schedule throughout the entire year, you don’t have a) Seven rushing to air programs to win certain demos before the off-ratings period and b) Three months of ‘uninspiring’ scheduling in November and during the Summer non-ratings period

4 Likes