Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Yes. It’s become a game of ratings trickery and deceit. I’ve been saying this for years. Bring it on. Now!

1 Like

The network’s winter schedules these days are already frankly mostly shit and you want to spread that content more thinly from 40 to 52 weeks?

Part of that (as we’ve seen this year) is because the networks program most of their ‘big’ programs to air either at the beginning of the ratings season or from August so that they run until late-October/mid-November before the ratings season ends. If you make the entire year count for ratings, it would force the networks not to lazily program during Winter in a bid to bridge the gap between the two periods

Totally agree. Its not like any special programming happens over those 2 months. It isn’t anything irregular that airs. Big Bash occurs every year, Australian Open occurs every year. I bet you would find anyway that December is when the advertisers want to spend their money - with Christmas etc. After Christmas, with the post christmas sales is also another time when advertisers would be willing to spend big on advertising dollars. If networks were forced to report on ratings during those periods we would see better programming and their ad revenue would become larger. I think you would find that Seven, Nine and Ten command quite a few $$$ during their sporting commitments over the summer anyway.

But could you imagine how much advertisers would spend on a show like MKR or Masterchef or The Block if it aired in December and rated between 900-1.4 mill? It would be double to what they are already getting from ad revenue.

1 Like

Or maybe it will force them not program any shit at all. Why do you think we deserve to have to have 12 weeks of shit anyway?

Seven’s multi-channels are very strong though.

I for one have been watching a lot of content from them lately, especially movies, including 7Flix.

1 hr for 3 episodes ?

Wrong. The same amount of money to additionally fund ~30% more weeks of ‘quality’ content. Either shows would be stretched over more weeks or current program budgets would be cut to cover the shortfall in producing additional content.

Who would force them? Ratings are a voluntary measure to demonstrate to advertisers how networks compare to each other, and how the industry as a whole compares to other forms of media. The networks jointly own OzTam to do this for them.

Advertisers would force them to report on the full survey. Thats normally how it works.

They would have to work harder to chase viewrs and in turn could lift advertising rates for weeks theyve given up on now. Right now they are being lazy and are giving up early because they have already won the year and are putting zero effort in.

TBA is at 8.30 PM but all TBC as yet.

I still want New Eps of The Goldbergs, but moved to Thursday Nights around 11.

The ratings are recorded every day of the year. It seems to be a historical thing that restricts the “official” ratings to just 40 weeks of the year. Becasue the ratings were/are used to work out advertising rates for key programs the next year, I suppose it was thought that the non-ratings times were so disrupted by school and work holidays and sporting events that they wouldn’t be representative of viewing for the majority of the year. A bit like Olympics are ignored because they don’t represent normal viewing.
In a similar way, why do the overnight ratings give percentages just for 6 hours of the day rather than the full 24 hours. 6pm-12pm doesn’t seem to be the peak viewing period but is possibly the peak advertising period.

As has been said, the ratings are not there for viewers but advertisers.

Update to schedule

Thursday 10 November
07:00 PM Home and Away x 3
08:30 PM TBA
09:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 3
11:00 PM The Goldbergs Season 3 Episode 12
11:30 PM The Goldbergs Season 3 Episode 13

Thank You!!!

[quote=“JBar, post:809, topic:41, full:true”]
Meanwhile we’re still anxiously waiting for the premiere of Cannonball Australia. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[/quote]:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Anyone who is seriously interested in such lowbrow crap can continue to wait as far as I’m concerned. Hopefully it never sees the light of day. :wink:

### Australia’s Cheapest Weddings

From Thursday 10 November at 8:30PM

Apparently this will be commercial free.

### Luxury Escapes

From Saturday 12 November at 5:30PM

In this new series you’ll get an insider’s perspective on the luxury destinations we enjoy the most.
Hosted by Shane Jolley, Luxury Escapes is an entertaining, contemporary and authentic television journey through Australia’s most popular and surprisingly affordable, luxury holidays.

In this exclusive series you’ll go on location to exotic international destinations such as Dubai, Denang, Hoi An, Ho Chi Min, Kho Samui, Bangkok, Fiji and Bali where a range of incredible hotels, a strong Australian dollar, international chefs and warm, friendly local people are creating unforgettable holiday opportunities.

And it’s not just international destinations we explore. Some of the world’s best holidays are home grown and can also be found right here in Australia.