Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Fantastic schedule :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the TBA’s are SAS:Hell Week.

Update
Sunday 17 October
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide
07:00 PM 7NEWS Spotlight: The Vanishing
08:15 PM Border Security - Australia’s Front Line S15 E07
08:45 PM Movie: Ford v Ferrari (2019) Premiere
12:00 AM The Blacklist S08 E18

Perth
08:30 PM 7NEWS Spotlight: The Vanishing

Since the Seven Network 2022 thread is still locked until its upfronts day on Tuesday, I will post this here:

So Seven are rebooting MKR yet again? Yawn.

5 Likes

The Australian is also claiming MKR will be making a comeback with new judges. They’re also reporting a House Rules spin off called Apartment Rules will be part of Seven’s 2022 schedule.

1 Like

Yeah, MKR hasn’t really been off-air long enough for people to be interested in the show again. In 2-5 years time, maybe but even then I doubt it.

Either way, a particular former judge will NOT be on any revived version of MKR for obvious reasons!

Talking about flogging two dead horses. Does Seven realise that the audience for those two shows have long left? No one cares for them anymore, especially not against Nine and 10’s juggernauts. Seven needs more established formats which are well-known worldwide, not reboot has-been and rejects.

4 Likes

I think that a rebooted MKR could work if Seven follows the template they used to relaunch The Voice. In other words, a short, sharp season which mostly (or entirely) consist of ‘instant restaurants’ (ie; the aspect which attracted mega numbers in the show’s heyday) and focuses on the cooking. Such a ‘reimagined’ show airing around October/November next year could perform decently in a way DWTS did for so long for Seven before they decided to mess around with it.

Two points:

1. Aside from MAFS, none of the reality tentpoles Nine and 10 air can really be considered to be ‘juggernauts’. I’m a Celeb does decently in Summer but it doesn’t set 10’s ratings on fire. Meanwhile, the shine has well and truly come off off Ninja Warrior and MasterChef while Nine had to manufacture conflict and pull out their well-worn ‘scandal’ card in order to revive The Block’s ratings this season. To be frank, all three commercial FTA networks find themselves in roughly the same good but not great position programming-wise. It’s just each have their own problems associated with that which they need to address
  2. It’s all well and good to say that “Seven needs more established formats which are well-known worldwide”. However, there are two issues with that. Firstly, the established and successful reality format pool isn’t as big or diverse as it seems to be. Secondly, audiences aren’t rewarding networks who take risks. Seven were left with egg on their face in Q1 this year when they gambled on Holey Moley and Ultimate Tag - two formats which fit what you say they should do. Meanwhile, we all know how Makin’ It has gone down for 10. I want networks to take far more risks than they currently do. However, you can understand why they just keep putting out the same shows/formats year-after-year when audiences keep voting with their eyeballs that’s what they want.
2 Likes

My Kitchen Rules

Oh god.

Apartment Rules

Oh Godddd.

5 Likes

Update:

Monday 18 October
07:30 PM SAS Australia: Hell Week Season 3 Premiere

Tuesday 19 October
07:30 PM SAS Australia: Hell Week S03 E02

1 Like

I actually both are good moves.

I think it was clear that MKR was always coming back next year.

They only axed it so they could remove Evans without trouble/ lawsuit by claiming the shows ending only to bring it back in two years with new hosts.

I’m hopeful for MKR if it’s done the right way, but I worry for Apartment Rules. Sounds cheap and tacky. Do we reckon Sonia will host Apartment Rules? Hopefully Joh Griggs comes back.

Would need to be a much safer program without the stress and bitchiness for Joh to host it

1 Like

No thanks.

I’m guessing Seven saw what Lifestyle Channel was doing with Selling Houses Australia (and their spin-offs) and decided to follow suit (regarding Apartment Rules, etc).

Abbey Gelmi would be in the box seat for the hosting gig.

2 Likes

You’d think so. She’s the heir to Sonia’s throne :joy:

Curse of the Chippendales

Coming Soon

The muscular men of the Chippendales captured the hearts, minds, and dollars of the 1980s in their iconic cuffs and collars. As women’s liberation collided with new ideas of modern masculinity, this unique moment in history catapulted the Los Angeles dance troupe to untold riches and global fame. But as the crowds out front sky-rocketed from hundreds to thousands, the men behind the phenomenon plunged into greed, paranoia, and ultimately murder. Discover the audacious true crime plot behind the scenes, as the beefcakes and businessmen who made male strippers a household name fell foul of the Curse of the Chippendales.

It’s Los Angeles in the late 70’s; parties are wild, disco is king, and a struggling club is looking for the next big thing. Women are claiming their independence. They’re earning their own money, the pill has revolutionized the terms of sexual engagement and everybody just wants to dance and have a good time. After some messy experiments with mud-wrestling, the rookie owner of the struggling club takes a chance with male stripping and the Chippendales is born.

The early line-up of male dancers and spandex clad hosts flipped the Playboy dream for women into a raunchy male strip show with a hands on approach. A cultural phenomenon was born, riding the wave of social liberation to become an overnight hit with seemingly endless possibilities for fame and fortune for those involved.

Hundreds of women rushed to the club; some bringing along their mum or grandma to be tantalised by dancers happy to flirt and kiss for tips. Dance routines played on women’s wildest fantasies and drove the audience into a frenzy. The Men of Chippendales weren’t just strippers, they were pioneers of sexuality for women.

But behind the scenes, a seething brew of jealousy, paranoia and drug use exploded into tragedy. What began as a joyous celebration of freedom, spiralled into murder and death, leaving the club’s community in shock and opening the door on the Curse of the Chippendales.

True-crime documentary 4 part series from Prime UK

2 Likes