Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

And willingly sign off on losing another 3 Monday’s while God Friended Me gathers dust. ok

Within the slides shown today for Seven West Media’s 1st half of FY 2019 results, a programming grid for Seven’s 2019 lineup appeared:

While it’s a bit messy, the first three lines of it provide a good indication on when they plan to air their major programs (eg; Bride & Prejudice + The Proposal appear to either overlap or follow one another)

1 Like

You didn’t read my whole post again :wink:

I didn’t say they shouldn’t just remove it. Just that relaunching doesn’t sound like an option.

1 Like

What should Seven air on Tuesday nights after the current season of The Good Doctor finishes? The Passage is ready to go or Seven can bring back God Friended Me, but I think neither will be as popular as the medical drama.

1 Like

Saw a promo for the movie “2012” Saturday 7pm on Ch 7 in Melbourne, so AFLW must’ve been shifted to 7mate nationally due to the poor ratings

1 Like

The week before was shifted from 7mate to 7, so the aflw being on 7mate isn’t a move.

Interesting.

Also interesting and slightly off topic, that The Day After Tomorrow shown last week is also from 2012 disaster epic director Roland Emmerich, Seven keeping a theme here (the movies are un-related)

1 Like

God Friended Me would be the best bet against a MAFS-fuelled Travel Guides. I wouldn’t advise them to launch anything new until MAFS ends.

1 Like

Because they have a million Home and Away episodes to catch up on.

5 Likes

Because Seven likes to stretch MKR as long as possible.

1 Like

They could always add more episodes and run MKR on Thursdays.

As if it’s not long enough.

2 Likes

Of course. I wouldn’t do it personally but knowing how Seven loves stretching their realities I’m kind of surprised they haven’t gone down that path yet.

Personally I would schedule the show to run 3 times a week and make the episodes short and sweet rather than drawing this out. But obviously Seven begs to differ.

1 Like

I think Home and Away is becoming a bit of a burden for 7. I would hate to see it move to 7two but I think its going to come soon.

4 Likes

News needs to go down to 30 minutes (and might save the quality) and Home and Away could be trialed at 6:30.

I’d hate to see the show die but they need to do something soon.

So you think 7 should give away its second highest figures for the night, a timeslot they often win, for Home and Away? Right… That would make sense.

Personally. I am thinking it should air at 5:30. Would that still meet quota?

1 Like

But then you risk losing the momentum The Chase Australia gives to the news.

There’s probably no other option left other than to shaft the show to 7TWO.

3 Likes

Maybe. But I could still see it doing around 500-600k in that slot. Its audience has always been quite old or young anyway, an audience that is around in that slot. Plus they could keep the game show and just air 4:30-5:30.

I’d imagine they’re saving episodes for the weeks after MAFS has finished. Doesn’t it have a much shorter season? Once it’s over MKR may pick up a bit a few viewers. The ones who are enjoying the drama of MAFS…

A quick look at my EPG has AFL X on main channel, Hidden Figures FTA movie premiere on 7Two, Women’s ODI on 7mate and the usual movies on 7flix and cooking shows on 7Food.

What are other markets like, I’m guessing cricket on 7Two (which would be a first I think)?