Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Schedule change

Queen of The World Part 2 is out of next Wednesday’s schedule. It will be shown the following Tuesday (bad news for Take Me Out fans).

Wednesday 3 October
07:30 PM Highway Patrol Special: Worst Drivers Rpt

1 Like

Maybe Seven is worried about the ratings of Queen of the World? Or a short turnaround time to insert ad breaks and captioning? Earlier this year Seven showed The Good Doctor hours after the US broadcast with little problems.

Is the 3rd a public holiday because that is a repeat in prime time isn’t it ?

They’ve been showing quite a few repeats of factuals. Monday 1 October is the Labour Day public holiday.

not in all states

Just in the important ones. :wink:

give me victoria to nsw any day lol

As long as you just stay there, all is good. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Week commencing 7 October 2018

Sunday 7 October
07:00 PM All Together Now Series Premiere
08:15 PM Sunday Night
09:15 PM Murder Uncovered: Killer Confessions Rpt
10:20 PM Crime Investigation Australia Rpt
11:35 PM Criminal Confessions Rpt

Monday 8 October
07:30 PM TBA
08:30 PM Movie: The Accountant (2016)
11:15 PM Chicago Fire S6 Ep09

Tuesday 9 October
07:30 PM Queen of The World Part 2 Series Final
08:30 PM The Good Doctor S2 Ep02
09:30 PM TBA
10:30 PM Chicago Fire S6 Ep10
11:30 PM Life Sentence S1 Ep12

Wednesday 10 October
07:30 PM Highway Patrol Special Rpt
08:30 PM TBA
09:30 PM Criminal Minds Series 14 Premiere
10:30 PM Criminal Minds Rpt
11:30 PM Deception S1 Ep08

Thursday 11 October
07:00 PM Home and Away x3
08:30 PM Modern Family x 2 Series 10 Premiere
09:30 PM Movie: This Means War (2012)
11:30 PM Hooked On The Look Series Return

Friday 12 October
07:00 PM TBA (See below)
07:30 PM TBA
10:30 PM TBA
11:45 PM Hooked On The Look

Saturday 13 October
07:00 PM Movie: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002) TBC
10:20 PM Movie: Lethal Weapon 4 (1997)

On Friday Women’s Twenty20: AUS v NZ game - program details not available yet and will vary by market.

1 Like

Pretty average schedule apart from the debut of All Together Now and Harry Potter movie on the Saturday.

That’s incorrect, after this week’s Twenty20 matches, Australian women’s team don’t play their NZ counterpart in a bilateral series until February next year (they could meet in the World Twenty20 in the West Indies in November). In fact there will be no cricket on Seven until December 6 when Australian men’s team take on India in the first test.

Thanks for that . I saw 2 games listed for Fox Cricket on channel 501 and thought that might be the explanation for Seven’s Friday schedule. There is a schedule at Cricket Australia that suggest Game 3 of a 3-game series is on that Friday, so it seems that the first game is a repeat.

https://www.cricket.com.au/tours/Australia%20v%20New%20Zealand%20Women%20Commonwealth%20Bank%20International%20Series%202018/gVBFWuq4k0-EWoC4jepzcg

In TV terms the show has been Yasminised :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Really sad schedule from Seven. This is their big opportunity. They really need to get MKR to air at the back end of the year to give themselves some decent shares.

2 Likes

What would go at the start? There’s already too many MKR episodes in the current season and viewer feedback appears to be negative about that. Are you saying they should do 2 shorter MKR seasons to top and tail the year?

I also think they’ve set up All Together Now to fail against the Bathurst 1000 fuelled debut of Game of Games and a surging The Block. The UK season of All Together Now contained six episodes. Seven should have held it until The Block ended and used Melbourne Cup day to launch it in my opinion.

1 Like

That would put two cooking shows in competition with Family Food Fight about to start on Nine; it wouldn’t be good for either show.

Won’t women’s cricket be on 7mate from now on too? Last night being a special exception.

Not if they aired it at the same time as The Block/Survivor started.

I am sure they can think of something to launch out of The Cricket at the beginning of the year.

But personally this is how I would do seven’s schedule:

First Quarter - Instant Hotel/Little Big Shots
Second Quarter - House Rules
Third Quarter - MKR
Fourth Quarter- Just Deserts/All Together Now

The only reason Seven get away with such a shocking second half is because their first half is so strong. Moving MKR is a huge risk - what if their February replacement flops and the MKR audience doesn’t follow the show to July? Then they’ve turned a second half problem into a full year problem.

I’m fine with moving MKR but they need to have something to replace it with. They can’t start their year with a complete unknown.

4 Likes

I agree. From a Seven perspective it’d be quite concerning that Married At First Sight has become a ratings monster for Nine the last two years and has the potential to be even bigger in 2019 with the benefit of heavy promotion during the tennis.

But as much as I personally loathe the program and do think major cracks are starting to show in their previously rock solid schedule during the first half of the year, realistically Seven will have no choice but to see how MKR goes as their Q1 launch program next year. Sure, House Rules receives decent enough figures but is that show really strong enough to launch a ratings year with? Probably not.

2 Likes

Or Instant Hotel and Little Big Shots. Nine and Ten would destroy them.

1 Like