Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

I’m just watching the week’s MKR episodes (in Melbourne). For each day I’ve been using the same weekly recording every week all series, but found AFL on Monday’s recording instead of MKR. The ratings thread for that day indicates that AFL was on 7Mate in Melbourne, not Seven. So either that is not right or my recording suddenly switched to recording 7Mate that night. It’s not even possible to change the channel for a to-be-recorded weekly show, so I couldn’t have done it by accident.

On the Monday IIRC in Melbourne, Seven switched the 7HD channel 70 to 7Mate for the whole day to show the AFL in HD but left the SD channel with MKR. As was mentioned when this was discussed anyone who had set up a timer record for programs on the HD channel 70 would be in for a surprise when they tried to watch them back.

I missed that discussion. I thought I just needed to keep track of your schedule postings, which I do, but I don’t read every other post.

Wow. Not only do you have to be on the ball with late schedule changes and overruns, you have to be on the lookout for the networks suddenly changing channels around as well!

AFAIK Seven told no-one about this, and it was only the above item that drew our attention to the change. It didn’t show up in any of the program schedules.

As I said before:

That’s pathetic by Seven.

I suppose it wouldn’t be in the schedule because technically MKR was on Seven and the schedule doesn’t distinguish between HD and SD. My ire is 100% directed at Seven for making changes like that and requiring people to have to look out for them. It’s too much to ask, and in this case it was near impossible. It was the only episode I’ve missed this season.

###Week commencing 7 May 2017

Sunday 7 May
07:00 PM House Rules
08:30 PM Sunday Night
09:30 PM The Suspects - True Australian Thrillers Rpt
10:30 PM The Blacklist S4 Ep18
11:30 PM Training Day S1 Ep10

Monday 8 May
07:30 PM House Rules
08:40 PM Seven Year Switch
09:50 PM Ramsay’s Hotel Hell Rpt
10:50 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares USA Rpt
11:50 PM The Goldbergs S3 Ep22

Tuesday 9 May
08:40 PM Seven Year Switch
09:40 PM Ramsay’s Kitchen Nightmares Rpt
10:40 PM The Amazing Race S29 Ep5
11:50 PM The Goldbergs S3 Ep23

Wednesday 10 May
08:40 PM The Aussie Property Flippers S1 Ep3
09:50 PM Trial and Error S1 E4 and E5
10:50 PM Blindspot S2 Ep20
11:50 PM Bates Motel S4 S2

Thursday 11 May
07:00 PM Home and Away x3
08:30 PM Holiday Horrors Caught On Camera

Sydney, Brisbane
09:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 4
11:30 PM Grimm S5 Ep12

Melbourne
09:30 PM The Front Bar
10:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2

Adelaide, Perth
09:30 PM The Big Bang Theory x 2
10:30 PM The Front Bar

Friday 12 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
08:30 PM Tales From The Coast with Robson Green S1 Ep3
09:30 PM The Secret Life of Dogs S2 Ep3 Season Final
10:30 PM Martin Clunes: Islands Of Australia Rpt
11:30 PM Air Crash Investigations Rpt

Melbourne
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens
07:30 PM AFL Pre-Game: West Coast v Western Bulldogs
08:00 PM AFL: Rnd 8: West Coast v Western Bulldogs
11:30 PM TBA

Adelaide
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 8: West Coast v Western Bulldogs
11:00 PM TBA

Saturday 13 May
Sydney, Brisbane
07:00 PM TBA
10:30 PM Saturday Late Movie: Paul

Melbourne
06:30 PM The Kick
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 8: Essendon v Geelong
10:30 PM Saturday Late Movie: The Grey

Adelaide
07:00 PM AFL: Rnd 8: Adelaide v Melbourne
10:00 PM Saturday Late Movie: The Grey

Check local guides for local details of AFL coverage and updates in Seven AFL Coverage

Program schedule updated.

The mysteries of Seven programming - 3 eps of H and Away followed by rubbish filler.

They should move Aussie Property Flippers to that slot.

3 Likes

Schedule Update:

Tuesday 9 May
10:50 PM The Amazing Race S29 Ep5 (10 minutes later)
11:50 PM The Goldbergs S3 Ep23
12:00 AM Aquarius Rpt

Wednesday 10 May
09:50 PM Big Bang Theory
10:20 PM Trial and Error S1 E4 and E5
11:20 PM Blindspot S2 Ep20
12:20 AM Bates Motel S4 S2

Sad that premiere comedy gets scheduled later to be replaced by the hundredth repeat of Big Bang.

Hundredth?
That’s generous!

2 Likes

Seven airing the millionth repeat of “Con Air” (1997) :sleepy:

Do they have like the entire library of Jerry Bruckheimer films?

A B-Grade producer, expect for Pirates of The Caribbean franchise (which coincidently aired before it).

Ah yes, Bruckheimer famously regarded all around Hollywood as a B-Grade producer.

Never mind that he set up one of the biggest TV drama franchises in all time (CSI) as well as other big drama shows of the early 2000s. (Cold Case, Without a Trace). He also set up one of the biggest reality shows in all time (The Amazing Race).

Plus you know, a pretty impressive film producing career on Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop, Con Air, Armageddon, Enemy of the State, Remember The Titans and even though they’re not my cups of tea, the National Treasure films, as well as the Pirate of the Caribbean films you generously gave a pass mark.

Oh and the 32 major awards projects he’s worked on have won.

B-Grade indeed.

6 Likes

Or intentionally shown after it for that very reason.

1 Like

WHO DARES QUESTION THE MOVIE MAN

3 Likes

:raised_hand:

2 Likes

Apologies :tired_face:

Re: House Rules schedule

Looks like your wish may be granted. The second House Rules renovation (Kate and Harry of Adelaide) had two episodes of renos on Wednesday and Thursday last week, followed by the 90-minute reveal tonight. If each renovation cycle has only three episodes, the next four renovations will be shown on Wednesday->Tuesday->Monday->Sunday.

the reno episodes are still too long though. They should be 60 minutes max.

Hopefully, for your sake it’s not too late. I’ve just about given this away this year. I’ve only seen the first ep so far. I may just watch the reveal epuisodes but there’s nothing really drawing me in any more.

It’s probably only necessary to watch Seven’s promos as they show most of the reveals anyway.

1 Like