Seven HD

Hopefully in future, further breakaway programming will be scheduled like it was back in the original run of 7HD.

https://youtu.be/Yh9C1AoYRzU
credit to @Zampakid for the clip

If they had done it for this match, in Adelaide, I would’ve done:

18:00 - Seven News
18:30 - AFL breakaway
21:50 - The Front Bar (AFL program)
22:50 - return to Seven, Ramsay’s Hotel Hell

6 Likes

So this is the 7HD watermark for today:

#Edit

Some confused Twitterers tonight:

https://twitter.com/KJC135/status/856457551214395392

https://twitter.com/KJC135/status/856409201744134144

7 Likes

Yeah, this the 7mate HD watermark used in Regional QLD whenever they choose to use it.

7 main channel is back on 7HD now.

1 Like

If it’s any consolation, at least they were watching 7HD instead of 7.

11 Likes

The biggest issue for me is the lack of information that Seven provides to its viewers about their HD channel changes. Is it supposed to be a secret?

8 Likes

Seven may have underestimated the true power of HD.
They should have publicised the temporary switch a bit more.
I’m glad some people tweeted about it.

TEN (whilst being a HD transmission is mostly upscaled content) and Prime7/GWN7 in particular take note!

2 Likes

Seems to me that the first episode of Trial & Error is in full HD.

1 Like

Should be a wakeup call to Seven (and Prime/GWN) to prove that people want primary channel content in HD over 7mate content.

4 Likes

I think they have. I must admit I have watched 7HD more then 7 and have to say the HD content is worth it. Even though they air stuff i don’t like (My Kitchen Rules, Cough, Home and Away, Cough) - Sounds to me they woke up and gave the majority of viewers what they want.

It’s no big deal i can’t see all games in HD anymore. It does look like in perth that some local games are in HD and a mixture of eastern states.

I still think though, they must be up to something at Seven, i can see 7mate HD in mpeg4 coming up by the end of the year.
That’s just pure speculation on my part though. I can sense disturbance in the lair of Darth Vader’s Channel 7. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Still no word on STQ getting 7HD? Nine gave their regional stations in Darwin and NNSW 9HD (and 9Life) over a year ago!

1 Like

I’m guessing so. Prime7’s stations CBN, NEN, AMV and PTV are also in the same boat and still don’t have HD.

yeah but STQ is Seven owned and operated… PRIME isn’t

I do know that. I was merely stating that Prime7 is also without HD.

Expanding on this…

PER, ADL, MEL, SYD, BNE all have 7HD
STQ doesn’t
PRIME doesn’t
GWN doesn’t
WIN doesn’t
SCA doesn’t*

Seven would have to be in last place when it comes to having their main channel in HD at this point

*SCTAS has a HD channel but its upconverted, unofficial HD so I’m not going to count that

4 Likes

Must be technical issues on 7HD in Melbourne. They were showing Sunrise this morning, then the screen went black for a while and now they’re showing First Dates

EDIT: Seems to be ok now, back to normal programming with Sunrise

In the early days of DTV they were also the last to offer a decent HD channel in the first place. They ran 576p as “HD” for many years. SBS also run 576p for a short while too I recall.

3 Likes

Okay, something weird’s happening with 7 HD in Melbourne. It is still in HD but they’ve dropped the HD symbol next to the 7 logo.

Been like that all afternoon, through regular shows and now the AFL.

Is it the same in other 7 cities? If so, wonder what they’re up to? Hoping it’s not the coming end of 7 HD. They don’t exactly push it on air!

1 Like

The “HD” watermark addition is currently missing here in Sydney too.

I’m guessing that it’s probably just a simple playout glitch.

1 Like

Hope you’re right about that! Hmmmm.