Seven Network 2024

Given its 50 years of Mushroom this year, its a bit disappointing that it wont be on until next year

4 Likes

They can’t honestly be proud of todays upfront, surely?

3 Likes

Weak schedule with no Tennis or Olympics which are on the rival network. Only big event is the AFL Grand Final. Had 7 had the Olympics, the next season of MKR would’ve aired on 12 August after the Closing Ceremony.

3 Likes

It’s Seven. They’re proud of anything that’s a dud.

It’s crazy isn’t it. Stan is a huge source of revenue and advertising platform for NEC. I can’t believe we’re going into 2024 and 7 still haven’t made an attempt to match their rival’s powerhouse.

2 Likes

Certainly nothing to get excited about, but I say the same about Nine and to a certain extent Ten as well, every year. They all seem to be falling into a pool of mediocrity.

2 Likes

Counter-programming MKR with the Paris Olympics will be a disaster

1 Like

Hosting line-up for Seven next year: Ricki-Lee and Scott, Jim, Chris, Sam + Nat, Sonia, Chris + Sonia, Manu + Colin + Nigella, Ant, Sonia, Chris.

Chris - 3x
Sonia - 3x

Good grief.

4 Likes

Sports wall

3 Likes

I was expecting an announcement about ICC cricket (if 7 got the rights) today. For a process which started last year and with the deals from many other countries already announced, I wonder what’s going on with Australia. Maybe 10 got them :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is also a bit misleading since they won’t be showing every match of the BBL or WBBL, so technically it won’t be every ball

4 Likes

This has been their go to quote since they got the rights.

It’s so misleading and wrong.

I wonder at what stage during the next year, do seven take CA to court due to a dismal summer of cricket? :thinking:

What an incredibly dull upfront.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I like how they always list 7 News and Sunrise as shows in the next year as though there is any chance that they would not be returning.

4 Likes

I wonder what impact the writer’s strike in the US will have on next year’s slate across all three too

4 Likes

10 aren’t into premium sports unfortunately.

Fox-exclusive with kayo freebies

I thought Seven did a better job of focusing on highlighting their shows and content compared to Nine that left a massive reveal of the content slate rushed through at the end. Seven’s on air talent was good (apart from the jokes), as you would expect, but the executives were poor. Seems like steady as she goes for 2024 from Seven; we’re number one now so we’re not changing. Not very excited about any of the new shows though there isn’t a stand out flop like last year with Blow Up though surprised that Big Brother was included. The stranded honeymooners is probably their biggest hope for a breakout.

2 Likes

Really is very underwhelming. Almost like Seven is in cruse control.

No new ideas or concepts for 2024.

Also, very Sydney Centric (white demographic) programming. Which I can see eventually having an affect on the southern markets. Without the AFL they would be stuffed.

7 Likes

Not only is Seven’s 2024 line-up underwhelming, it feels like incomplete with no mention of any upcoming overseas shows or return seasons of existing programs (such as Quantum Leap season 2 which is currently on air in America). I think Seven is feeling the full impact of US actors strike and who knows when it will get its hands on new seasons of The Rookie, The Rookie: Feds, The Good Doctor and its spin-off. Also the network is taking a wait and see attitude regarding any new British shows.

4 Likes