Seven Network 2020

PJ Hasham awakes to the sound of running water. Walking into the bathroom he sees his wife Maggie- the dead Maggie Doyle who he had seen shot dead in a shower of bullets years earlier- greet him with a smile. It had all been a bad dream.

5 Likes

Get Simone McAullay back as the “boss” it’s been say 10 years? She was rising through the ranks come the end of the show and as another member said here it would be great to see a female take charge!

1 Like

Mount Thomas, the crime capital of Australia. Things are so out of control at Mount Thomas, that the police station has expanded, and is now home to Australia’s Largest Police Station.

Get 4-year Gold Logie winner Lisa McCune back onto Blue Heelers for the reboot :laughing:

A blue Heelers reboot is a great idea. However, I do wish networks would be a little more creative.

1 Like

The era we are in it’s hard to be and get an audience

2 Likes

See I would tend to disagree. More failures this year have come from reboots than new ideas.

Talking about scripted

Why don’t they make a show about police officers with sniffer dogs at the airport and call it “Beagles”?

Lol, that wouldn’t work.

Mental note: steal his idea

Bring back the coloured men and “The one to Watch idents” for on-air presentation

I wonder if Julie McGauren and Bevan Lee have taken notice of the TVT / MS / bizarre FB page rumour of a Blue Heelers remake today? It’d be funny if it was indeed somewhat true or had been discussed in meetings or with Southern Star?

1 Like

wouldnt be the first time! :sweat_smile:

If they have, I need to start a rumour about James Sherry and a giant indoor maze

6 Likes

Your sex dreams are getting weirder

4 Likes

Hi all. Great to be back with you after the stresses of exams have finally passed.

Sorry to be a bit of a debbie downer on my first post back in a while, but that upfronts from Seven back in October just highlights the sheer stupidity of Seven’s programming department.

For starters, why the heck is MKR and House Rules back? The fact that these shows are on their last leg ratings wise should almost certainly indicate the axe, yet they decide to do some stupid twists (The Rivals) and carbon copies of other shows (the penthouse) to desperately flog these horses? Mind-boggling.

Also, why another food show? Haven’t they learnt about what happened with Hell’s Kitchen and to a lesser extent Zumbo? Don’t even get me started on Big Brother. The fact that they can’t even guarantee Gretel as the host or broadcast it live is sheer stupidity shining through Seven’s programmers. Those elements were the small things that made the show a success for many years, yet they can’t even achieve that?

Finally, why can’t they look for some new reality formats like The Circle or Sorry about That (or even The Masked Singer before 10 nabbed them)? They keep flogging old horses like AGT and Farmer Wants a Wife (why is that even coming back?) and their low quality in house productions which have got them nowhere yet they resist the idea of looking for new formats that’s a smash hit worldwide. It just proves that Seven’s programmers are so out of touch with viewers that they don’t even know what’s happening.

Sorry to say, but the only thing that seems remotely worth watching are the new dramas like RFDS, Between Two Worlds, Fam Time, Olympics and to a certain extent the golf show. Not often that I call for people to be sacked, but I was secretly hoping that one of the big news on the Upfronts was the sacking of Angus Ross.

Please don’t think that all I do is complain. I want Seven to be competitive with Nine and 10 but I just get so frustrated to see Seven not even bothering to try to invest in decent programming. I know the AFL, Olympics and Cricket is affecting them, but surely they can make some premium investment in their news and general programming so they at least have a decent and competitive portfolio?

Rant over.

2 Likes

Sonia Kruger returns home to Seven

The Seven Network today announced that Sonia Kruger is returning to the network in 2020.

Sonia’s considerable experience with live television audiences will be on display as a judge on the ultimate talent showdown, Australia’s Got Talent: The Champions, and as host of the international family blockbuster, Mega Mini Golf. Sonia will also be part of Seven’s broadcast team for Tokyo 2020, projected to be the biggest broadcast and digital event in Australian history.

Commenting on the announcement, Seven West Media Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer James Warburton, said: “Sonia is without a doubt a superstar and one of the best television talents in Australia. I speak on behalf of the entire Seven team when I say that Sonia was the one that got away. To say we’re thrilled to be welcoming her home as a judge for AGT: The Champions, as host of Mega Mini Golf, and as a member of our team for Tokyo 2020, is an understatement.”

Sonia previously featured on Seven, as co-host of Dancing with the Stars and as Entertainment Reporter for Sunrise and Today Tonight.

She said: “I’m beyond excited to be returning to the network where I first discovered my love of live television and family entertainment. With the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo and a slate of brand new prime time shows Seven is the place to be. I feel privileged to be joining James and the team for what’s going to be an exhilarating ride.”

Australia’s Got Talent: The Champions, Mega Mini Golf, and the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, all featuring Sonia Kruger, will air on the Seven Network in 2020.

4 Likes

Sure but then the thing I would ask you is what would you replace them with? Getting rid of both shows would leave a massive hole in their 1st half schedule/lineup. For example, while I think MKR would perform better airing in the 2nd half of the year - it did okayish against MAFS and it’s doubtful that say a new format would have done as well.

4 Likes

The TV Blackbox report on Sonia’s return to Seven said she was asked by Seven CEO James Warburton at Perth Telethon last month if she was interested to rejoining the network. Here is a photo of Sonia, Warburton and Prime Minister Scott Morrison at Telethon:

1 Like

Didn’t Sonia once say on Mornings that she never wanted to go back, and that everyone at Seven hates each other?

I think it was on April Fools when her co host said she was going back to Seven.

1 Like