Seven Network 2020

Melbourne Cup carnival? Rugby Union?

lol, is that not also on RACING . COM?

1 Like

Rio 2016 used Ch 7/7HD, 7Two and 7mate full time. Tokyo 2020 not replicating?

2 Likes

My point is motor racing is not Ten’s only sport.

they have

limited access to Rugby Union
limited access to Supercars
limited access to F1
limited access to MotoGP
limited access to Horse racing

what major sport do they have again?

2 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

Not really high rating in regards to rugby and Melbourne cup carnival is 4 days. But this chat for another thread.

now now be nice.

I like Club Rugby GO RANDWICK , its the most pure form of that sport and I love the fact that its on 7two into NSW/ACT when they are in season.

So other low rating shit that no one will watch or care about. Unless theY sign exclusive major sports then they’re not in the game.

1 Like

Surely seven don’t have the money for this.

2 Likes

May as well retire now that he has those two feathers in his cap.

6 Likes

well we are going to find out.

Seven need content for 7plus and “border security” simply does not cut it.

1 Like

Shows I am looking more forward to than all of Seven 2020:

So, I have several questions.

5 Likes

It will take too long to answer all of them. And you may need therapy when you hear the answers.

2 Likes

Scenario 1:
NRL + ARG Motorsport (main game TCR with support races S500/TCM/Porsche GT3 and TA2 V8’s) … would be more then enough programming hours for both TEN HD and 10 BOLD.

Scenario 2:
limited access to sports which are fading fast …

I think they want Scenario 1 which is why they are gunning for NRL rights.

1 Like

fire away, I hear that James is a reader and poster here here :slight_smile:

1 Like

mubd on Mediaspy had the first story about Gary Mehigan popping up at Seven.

9 Likes

You really should purchase a yearly subscription and save some cash!

The big question is whether the audience will respond to that. Seven went ‘all in’ with Secret Bridesmaid Business (big promo push, limited ads, etc) and it performed shockingly. They would hope that their dramas next year (which sound good on paper) don’t suffer a similar fate

Sure but Nine and 10 both have some sort of a ‘core’ foundation of shows which have performed well for them. Seven doesn’t have that - MKR just hanged in there against MAFS, House Rules performed disappointingly despite MasterChef’s ratings woes and their 2nd half line ups for the past few years have been an utter trainwreck.

As such, they’ve needed to take a lot of risks across the board not just to breathe ‘new life’ (though whether that’ll happen remains to be seen) to their ‘legacy’ shows but so that their year doesn’t just fall apart after House Rules (or in the case of next year, after the Olympics & Paralympics)

I initially had the same thought but then three things came to mind:

1. They’re probably leaving that free for their AFL commitments (think like during the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games, AFL will air exclusively on 7mate);
  2. They want to push people towards the 7plus HD offering; and
  3. Between it and 7flix, Seven will be able to offer alternative programming for those who aren’t watching the Olympics

Perhaps there’s nothing to announce at this time?

3 Likes

I hear they are going to do Bathurst 12 hr as no other FTA is interested, will be great on 7mate HD.

I don’t know why it was not mentioned at this event though.

1 Like