Seven Network 2019

Do they need to confirm it. The numbers speak for themselves. Better to ignore that mess of a show.

Zumbo is coming backā€¦anything is possible if they do a deal with Netflix :upside_down_face:

They would be trying to sell that format overseas so it could all depend on overseas sales. If they announce it is axed, it will be harder to sell. Then if they do sell it somewhere, it might be worth doing another season to keep the sales going.

Have a look at Take Me Out. Itā€™s been a flop or struggled twice in Australia but it originated here and was sold overseas. Seven might want to do the same with Dance Boss and it might become a hit in other countriesā€¦

I was surprised Seven was talking 2020 Olympics at the 2019 Up Fronts with barely a mention of cricket to seems.

2 Likes

Seems like from the tweets about the event that there was a cricket segment in the presentation. However, sport was barely mentioned (aside from the acquisition of the TDU rights) in the press releases they sent about it

In comparison, Nine spent so much focus on the tennis.

Seven canā€™t offer much to advertisers with the cricket as they donā€™t have multi platform rights.

5 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if they shelved season two for a full year. It would likely get a run this summer. Would be a good fit on 7mate, or at 3am on the primary channel.

5 Likes

Then again, they did the same with House Rules one year to avoid viewer fatigue. They filmed two seasons back to bsck snd were going to screen it twice in one year but then left the second season to the folloeing year.

tenor

1 Like

The other thing to consider is that while Australian Spartan wasnā€™t a ratings hit, it probably contributed to creating some viewer fatigue for the genre and might have damaged Ninja, which did suffer a big drop in its second season.

5 Likes

Just a little analysis. I find it interesting that Seven have the two biggest sporting contracts next year and they still havenā€™t used those platforms to target the male audience that will be watching their network. All those female skewed dramas are just a missed opportunity. The Proposal, Seven Year Switch etc. could have been replaced by a Big Brother or something. I just donā€™t really understand their strategy, and never have really.

4 Likes

Being cynical, I really think Seven use the AFL and also cricket a lot of the time, to boost shares and hold up the network (summer and survey), as a back-up, as weā€™ve seen when eveything or nearly everything else either goes wrong or isnā€™t firing?

Obviously thatā€™s not the main reason, there are many, many reasons and I could be totally wrong and theyā€™d never admit that, LOL. But look (for example) how many weeks the AFL alone wins the week for Seven?

I actually find your comment quite cynical.

I am simply stating that rather than commissioner female led shows during the cricket and AFL perhaps they should have focused on the audience that will be watching them the mostā€¦ I donā€™t think that is cynical.

When no one watches.

I actually find comments from you both quite cynical lately. So much negativity about everything.

2 Likes

I donā€™t understand how my comment is cynical or negative at all? I am just saying that I found it quite interesting that seven didnā€™t target a male audience considering they have the two biggest sports rights in Australia, both which are heavily weighted towards males. Not cynical in the slightest.

Thatā€™s because youā€™re blinded by your cynicism. :wink: Not just this thread but generally your comments on television across the board have been cynical and negative.

2 Likes

i respectfully disagree

Well, I did say that at the outset :wink: