Seven Network 2019

Nine released their upfront information ahead of the presentation; it had an embargo time.

Seems that Nine has been forced to give up the rights to Tour Down Under due to its Australian Open tennis commitments. Nine’s logo has disappeared from the partners section of TDU website. It will be the second time TDU is on Seven.
So there is a second season of Australian Spartan after all. IIRC two seasons were filmed near Brisbane Airport late last year, so viewers will have to wait another 12 months to see season 2.
And here is a synopsis of Martin Clunes’ Islands of America: http://buffalopictures.co.uk/coming-soon/new-documentary-series-islands-of-america/

So frustrating Seven aren’t live streaming this.

Spot the error in this image from the upfronts :slight_smile:

1 Like

He isn’t dominating Sydney news ratings?

1 Like

Is INSIDE ‘THE G’ a weekly series? Sounds terribly boring.

The All Front looks like a train wreck. They’ve got the Chief Revenue Officer speaking in front of a giant image of himself? Newflash - you aren’t the story, it’s the words coming out of your mouth you should be visualising.

I think Inside the 'G is a one-off documentary. I am looking forward to this.

Exactly.

Whole house reveals will be the best yet when Jamie Durie joins judges Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen and Wendy Moore and host Johanna Griggs for the new season of HOUSE RULES. With massive challenges and a surprise transformation of warehouse proportions, the competition is tougher than ever but every team ends up with the ultimate reward – a complete transformation of their own home.

Inside the ‘G. Another factual?

THE STAR of the Seven Network is Mark Ferguson!

Also, Seven seems to provide limited information on its sporting coverage for 2019. Regaining Tour Down Under is good news but it partially compensates for the loss of Australian Open tennis. What about other major sporting events in 2019 that do not yet have a FTA broadcaster - Rugby World Cup in Japan? Presidents Cup golf? The FINA World Championships in Aquatics in South Korea? (whichever network gets the FINA World Championships needs to show diving and synchronised swimming events too, Seven and Nine have ignored them in previous champs)

Nice Seven talent but can’t help compare to Nine with Melissa George, Sigrid Thornton, Rodger Corser, Daniel McPherson, John Howard, Nicole Da Silva, Hamish Blake and more. No wonder one network is getting more cash from advertisers.

Don’t think it’s been mentioned, but interestingly Julia Zemiro is hosting 7’s AllFronts event.

Navigate Auto by SWM & NewsCorp.

The reason why Seven call it AllFronts

FFS, why are Seven persisting with a genre that hasn’t clearly worked for them?? They’re the Sideshow Bob of FTA networks:

Like with Nine’s upfront last week, Seven haven’t addressed the major problem they have with their lineup. Nothing they’ve announced today will likely address the 2nd half lineup/scheduling debacles they’ve been having over the past few years and I don’t think it’s a stretch to guarantee that (based on what we currently know) that it’s going to happen yet again in 2019. What’s worse is that it seems like they either don’t think there’s an issue or they’re oblivious to it…

6 Likes

I completely agree Jeff. Love on Seven is failing. Bride and Prejudice could prove me wrong but the networks are oversupplying this genre to the market and that’s why audiences are drifting faster and more frequently to streaming services in my opinion.

2 Likes

Well done Seven, nothing remotely worth watching next year with dying formats and even more romance shit. Haven’t they learnt that love doesn’t work on Seven? If they want a rehash of something they did before then why didn’t they go for a new talent show genre. They could’ve done World of Dance or something big like that.

This is reminiscent of Ten 2012.

5 Likes

I thought Married At First Sight held the title of “Australia’s Most Controversial Experiment” :roll_eyes:

Unsurprisingly no mention of Dance Boss, Take Me Out, All Together Now (even with Julia hosting?), Bride & Prejudice, The Single Wives. No Yummy Mummies renewal for 7Plus? No royal programming?

1 Like

The introduction of another multichannel is by far the biggest news out of today’s presentation.

The extra drama looks good (hope Seven schedule them well), not so much the true crime shows that were announced in 2017. Otherwise Seven is sticking with it current formula; no real change in their reality approach with all the regulars back plus another batch of hopefuls that all look likely to fail.

3 Likes

If I had to guess, it is probably too early to make a call for All Together Now - It’s doing decent at around mid-700k and it’s still airing.

2 Likes