Seven Network 2019

And a few more.

Would love to see Itā€™s Always Sunny in Philadelphia all seasons to watch not available anywhere except at midnight a few weeks a year or on catchup for a week I think on 7 Plus when it has aired.

1 Like

Yeah, only seems to be available on demand for $$$ per season.

Agree, ever heard of American Housewife?

No.

7 , 9 need to in the next year or two , put more exclusives online , but not too much . I dunnoā€¦ not too much that it erodes their free to air audience though. Then what happens to the multichannelsā€¦ 7 Flix could be just online only on demand content on 7Plus.

With Ten All Access coming 7 needs to do something . I donā€™t know what became of that article I found months ago about 7 supposedly was going to charge for HD and more deals and content on 7Plus.

The Australian is reporting that Seven has purchased a warehouse in suburban Sydney, at 12-14 Victoria St, Beaconsfield. The paper is claiming that Seven will use it for a reality show such as Better Homes or House Rules, but Iā€™m wondering if Seven has another program on the horizon? :thinking:

2 Likes

The Renovators

4 Likes

Oh really?
Did they steal it off Ten?

Last season on House Rules, they bought a house in that area, pulled it down and built a new house for the teams to renovate. They sold it and the profit was the prize money. Could they be doing that again with a warehouse becoming a residential property this time?

It was a joke :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining what cheap means.

1 Like

Acquiring international formats like All Together Now or Take Me Out wouldnā€™t be ā€œcheapā€.

Have you seen the sets for both of those shows? Iā€™d be pretty confident that neither of them were done on a budget.

Whether we needed either format or the production values is another story.

1 Like

I think Seven would be even worse than Nine for Big Brother. I think we may have to face it that Big Brother is over. I would even bet Big Brother would actually rate worse than their current offerings.

I do think Seven is actually bothering this year with spending money on content (sadly none of it any good or successful) for their second half so I wouldnā€™t call them cheap or stingy this year (just in their drama department). I can remember in past years Seven used to shut up shop in October and coast by on the first half results.

I do think acquiring the rights to Big Brother would be more expensive than All Together Now

Not to mention paying all the talent occupying the 100 slots, even the no names. Still Seven has a habit of spending big money on formats only for the finished results to look cheap, nasty and tacky. They lack a certain polished element that Nine & especially Ten pulls off effortlessly and their products have a tendency to look like their money ran out somewhere along the line.

3 Likes

The Big Brother rights used to be around 15-20 million. Not sure what they would go for now.

Might be cheaper. Surely the would rather the show on air than not.

From what I saw in the first couple of episodes Seven seemed to go cheap when it came to the dates that the couples on Take Me Out had to endure; things like mini-golf and synchronised swimming lessons.

Blind Date started off similar, the first ep started off with an 80ā€™s yoga class I believe however Iā€™ve seen that they also visit some islands as well so seems like they chose a variety of different date/filming locations.

In my experience, most of there are provided in lieu of any payment for the exposure said company may receive from a national television audience, so not sure the network being cheap can be contributed in this particular area.

Bring back Beauty and the Geek ā€¦ stripped reality.

1 Like

But they were done on a trip to the Gold Coast where they also wined and dined. Whereas the Blind Date ones were done in the same city and were cheap and tacky.

And again, that set must have cost a small fortune to build.

Sevenā€™s upfronts presentation will again be called AllFronts and will be held at the networkā€™s new HQ at Media City, Eveleigh.

1 Like