Seven Network 2019

I usually agree with most of your posts but with this one, we will have to agree to disagree :slight_smile:

1 Like

Still so sad that Nine apparently poached the team from Murder Uncovered. It was a brilliant show gone too soon.

I have to agree. I wouldn’t ditch Little Big Shots. I would give it a third season, despite its poor figures in the demos. I would just look at strengthening Q3 by moving MKR to this time of the year. Move Little Big Shots to either Q2 or Q1.

What would you launch the year with? They need something very strong opposite Married At First Sight.

I would try my hand at something more masculine to launch out of the cricket. Maybe House Rules, maybe a new format.

1 Like

very risky given Married at First Sight’s success and Seven’s failure to launch new shows successfully recently.

Well MKR was already becoming stale against Married. So they are going to have to eventually try something new and something out of the cricket would be the best slot to try that. As I said if it was something more masculine then there would be a different audience than that of Married.

2 Likes

Little Big Shots might be passable viewing at 4pm weekdays, but not 7pm on a Sunday night. This week’s Gogglebox review of the show has only reinforced that opinion for me.

I was thinking maybe House Rules might work in Q1 (opposite end of the year to The Block and probably a decent enough “After The Cricket” program), but I really don’t think Seven would want to schedule My Kitchen Rules directly against or after MasterChef.

1 Like

Start a new sports-style game show and strip it across 5 nights. They need something creative and out-of-the box for the first half like MAFS.

1 Like

Game shows have not been doing well. I am at a loss as to what they can try to be honest.

1 Like

A few good dramas (like the initial H&A, Neighbours and Blue Heelers) and some family programs/sitcoms would be a start. Enough of ‘reality’ shows.

I just don’t think seven have the money to invest in dramas and sitcoms. I think we will see a lot of dating shows, cheap panel shows and perhaps a few documentaries from seven next year.

And for some reason God Friended Me - still no idea why :slight_smile:

I thought compared to other networks, Seven is financially sound?

1 Like

According to Screen Australia, it’s in Post Production. Not sure if it can be shown.

1 Like

Don’t think so. For the sake of the AFL rights they’re pouring heart and soul into, they’re certainly not getting decent returns (like Nine are with NRL).

Nah. They had to cost cut, laid off staff - outsourced.
Moving their playout in a combined playout centre to cut $$. They have let go of tennis, Melb cup. They seem to keep using the line that they need programming for them to be financially viable and
I would assume that’s why they can’t invest in long term drama production as it’s too expensive. It’ll be interesting to see what will happen AFL time because I doubt they will have the money to retain full rights especially with the last deal being over 1Billion dollars

1 Like

Simple, they should let go of all premium sports rights and get back on track with their general programming before the AFL costs them big time. Sure they might be stuck in a hole for a while but then it happened in 2001 with the AFL and yet they became resilient and 6 years later they have it again.

Oh dear - this is not looking good for Seven. If they lose the next AFL broadcast rights, Ten may have a chance to score the Number 2 spot.

Don’t think Nine are getting many benefits from the NRL considering some of the ratings it’s gotten this season. The reason they’re doing better is that they have well-established shows whilst Seven’s 2nd half schedule is once again weak

2 Likes