Seven Network 2018

Can’t quite recall, did Ten go straight to Winter Olympics from The Project?

Or did they have a reality show beforehand too?

1 Like

They did what Seven will be doing with MKR in that they also showed things like The Biggest Loser and So You Think You Can Dance before going back to Winter Olympics coverage most nights

2 Likes

I was actually thinking only recently that Seven could do with a show similar to Big Brother given its success over the years until Nine decided to completely ruin it…

1 Like

Timely that the Mark Bouris led Yellow Brick Road turned a profit of $400,000 this year after a loss of $9.5 million last year.

1 Like

Dont much have faith in Seven not doing the same. The concept of this show sounds like Big Brothers rich-poor twist.

Knew that Andrew Denton would return at least one more time after Enough Rope wrapped up… have to wonder what kind of paycheck Seven offered him.

They must have committed to 2 seasons of this without telling anyone… oops.

4 Likes

It’s interesting if that’s not the case and Seven are deciding that they’re going down the iView path of producing original programming for 7Plus

Or they had more unaired episodes/footage so figured they might as well release them.

Surprised they decided to do another season of Wanted.

I noticed Australian Gangster was tweeted in amongst the dramas. So is it a scripted drama or a doco/factual?

Probably cheap and it did very well with online viewers.

What is Jimmy Barnes: Working Class Boy? A biopic mini-series or a doco like the Michael Hutchence one that recently flopped?

No doubt to spoil the party for ANW. But would it work?

I read that Working Class Boy is based on Barnesy’s tour, which in turn is based on his memoir Working Class Boy.

That show was called Working Class Man. They could just be screening that live show on TV, I suppose. But a biopic based on his memoirs could be good.

I was only thinking the other day Andrew Denton should do another interview show! It will be a welcome relief to reality TV.

Impressive lineup for the rest. Although, would have liked Roy & HG for the Olympics and Comm games.

90% of this is shit content. Terrible line up. Terrible shows. Terrible network. They offer nothing.

11 Likes

Jimmy Barnes Working Class Boy is a doco - a combo of his recent stage show and book.

3 Likes

Seven’s 2nd half looks better, now spearheaded by House Rules for a lot of it (probably at least all of August and some of September?)

But still no ‘big reality’ offering.

Instead lots of new shows.

ONJ telemovie will be massive, as will Doctor Blake and Denton probably.

But still, shows Seven would rather smash out the first half - play it safe?

According to Seven’s media release, the network has secured exclusive rights to the 2018 Grammy Awards which will be held in New York City on January 28 (January 29 in Australia). For the past few years it was shown live on Foxtel.

Seven’s lineup looks really underwhelming and they haven’t really done anything to combat the issues they have had this year. Lots of cheap programs and lots of returning shows that seemed to struggle.

One thing I am glad that is returning is Wanted.

4 Likes