Seven Melbourne

Emily Angwin and Rob Mills hosting at Victoria Harbour Promenade at Docklands, outside Marvel Stadium.
This year’s NYE telecast started at 11.13pm, pushed back by BBL and The Latest.

3 Likes

Any caps from last night?

Here are some from last night:

4 Likes

Good production again this year.

1 Like

Why doesn’t every market do their own?

Probably cost. I believe that the broadcast is partly funded by the City of Melbourne.

Because its Melbourne.

Here is a video of some of last night’s coverage. I had to blank out the audio during the fireworks due to copyright issues with a Kane West song.

1 Like

Agree - Seven Melbourne generally does a good job broadcasting the fireworks. Some years have been rough around the edges (mostly due to who was hosting) but it’s an enjoyable watch

This could still go out nationally though.

Paul dowsley (who looks remarkably similar to colleague Jason Richardson) is so funny, hilarious! Did a funny cross at Chaddy during Christmas shopping too😂

3 Likes

Will say that Emily definitely added a little bit of sass and made that broadcast her own.
Wouldn’t be surprised if some of it ends up on blooper reels though, but it made it a solid effort because of that.
Some of that camera work however, out of focus is being rather kind, looked more like it was shot off an older iPhone than a proper broadcast.

2 Likes

Just a thought, but they should send Emily up to Sydney to do some fill in work on Sunrise etc.

I think shes more suited to this type of presenting. Great Talent.

2 Likes

She’s been doing it for a number of years now.

Interestingly she hasn’t filled in on the Melbourne bulletin so far this summer.
She normally fills in for Jane Bunn but Melina Sarris has been doing that.
Emily would be good doing weather on Sunrise /Weekend Sunrise.

1 Like

Confirmation that A Moveable Feast is not continuing. https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/2/18/seven-launches-the-great-weekend-as-a-moveable-feast-axed

3 Likes

If A Moveable Feast is not continuing, Ross Stevenson would have said it on his 3AW breakfast show yesterday or this morning.

Moving to another network perhaps?

That’s a shame, preferred it to Postcards.

Sunday 24 February 2019
5:30pm The Great Weekend

1 Like