Seven Melbourne

A post was merged into an existing topic: Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal

Seven will once again broadcast the City of Melbourne’s fireworks display on New Year’s Eve. Lord Mayor Robert Doyle yesterday announced details of the “biggest ever fireworks show” which include new effects like comets which will arc across the sky like shooting stars. According to the event website, Seven’s coverage will start from 11pm AEDT with a look back at events of 2016, followed by the countdown and the fireworks.

1 Like

At Least Seven in Melbourne doesn’t Interfere with ABC’s NYE Fireworks Coverage from Sydney, Is the Melbourne Fireworks Streamed on PLUS7 Nationally?

1 Like

I never use to watch Melbourne’s fireworks but in recent years have flicked through both the Sydney NYE & Melbourne NYE.

I love how all the fireworks are blasted from the top of the CBD skyscrapers :fireworks:

Change of hosts for Melbourne’s NYE fireworks coverage. Last year presenters were Emily Angwin, Ash Pollard, James Tobin and Nathan Templeton. This year it will be co-hosted by Penny McNamee from Home and Away, and Jason Hodges from Better Homes and Gardens.

3 Likes

Shame none of the streams are full HD. (I think Nine’s go up to 720p but all the others’ are much worse.)

Telecast is from Docklands for the second year in a row.
Emily Angwin returns this year, joined by Seven News colleagues Sean Sowerby, and Paul Dowsley who is at Kings Domain.

3 Likes

Seven’s coverage begins:

6 Likes

It’s in HD :open_mouth:

Is SC Tas also airing this?

They are again doing the “Goofs of 2016”…

3 Likes

Ch 7’s Melbourne NYE production crew need to fix up the graphics…

They’re not aligning/overlapping with the network watermark & PRG :confused:

NB/
BCM should’ve just removed the watermark for this program broadcast, as its already got its own coloured Ch 7 logo permenantly on the crawler!

Yes, Penny mentioned at the start of the show that it is shown in Tasmania and NT (via Southern Cross).

2 Likes

Some more caps, including occasional Sunrise entertainment guy, Nelson Aspen:

5 Likes

SC airs it every year in Tas/NT.

1 Like

Not sure it’s necessary to run promos for Seven’s 2017 line-up during the actual broadcast, but anyway…

1 Like

They ran an ident last time.

Happy New Year!

9 Likes

The ground shots were in HD but the helicopter shots were not.
The fireworks were spectacular and I reckon they were better than last year.

1 Like

I don’t think the ‘live shot’ cameras were HD either.

Anyway, some final caps:

4 Likes

No ident this year :cry::cry: