Seven HD

About time Prime got its act together and switched its main channel to HD.

1 Like

With both metro Seven and SC Tasmania having primary channels in HD, there has to be pressure building behind Prime7/GWN7 and remaining Seven and SC stations. The only question is, when will they crack?

Seven just dominated every night the past weekā€¦

How is their schedule ā€œnot firingā€ :disappointed:

I think you missed this bit Luke:

Iā€™m pretty sure it wasnā€™t so many years ago when MKR got over 1.5 million viewers an episode! Not so much these days.

And after Easter itā€™ll probably be House Rules vs The Voice vs MasterChef. Not exactly what Iā€™d call weak competition for Seven.

1 Like

As per Prime7ā€™s contact page https://au.prime7.yahoo.com/a1/contact-us/
Iā€™ve e-mailed info@prime7.com.au again, (replying to the generic auto reply message I got when I asked why the Aus Open wasnā€™t in HD) asking why weā€™re still being treated as second class citizens.
Iā€™m not expecting a more substantial reply but hopefully it reminds them there are unhappy viewers out here.

1 Like

I wonder if you could get away with a formal complaint about ā€œsomething [in HD] you have[nā€™t] seen or heard [about] on Prime7ā€.

It technically relates to a complaint about programming and the fact that regional viewers are not being treated as equally as metropolitan network viewers, which was the whole point of aggregation: to provide the same viewing choices to regional viewers as metro viewers.

There are three methods for lodging a formal complaint in relation to something you have seen or heard on PRIME7.

You must either:

Mail a letter to PRIME7, at this address (it is advisable that complaints sent via post use Registered Mail):

The Program Manager
PRIME7
PO Box 878
Dickson
ACT 2602

Send a fax to PRIME7, the fax number is: 02 62423764

Use the electronic form located on the Free TV website.

2 Likes

thank you for doing this :slight_smile: after watching 8hd and win hd im kinda bummbed that prime7 hasnt gone hd used to love watching prime7 but not any more

According to an article on afl.com.au, 7HD in Melbourne will be switched over to a 7mate simulcast for the Richmond v Melbourne game on Monday night.

Sevenā€™s six-year broadcasting agreement with the AFL calls for all games telecast into Victoria to be shown in HD, and Seven has agreed to switch on its HD signal for 7Mate in order to show the game.

Full article: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-20/everyone-happy-with-mkrafl-battle-outcome

Interesting.

Hope 7mate had will be permanent. :grinning:

God, I hope not. Sevenā€™s premium content (i.e. everything on of the primary channel) should be in HD over lower-rating content that is shafted to the multichannels.

If anything, this is the best compromise: full time 7HD with AFL breakaway. Hope you minority AFL supporters enjoy your prescious footy.

5 Likes

The Richmond game doesnā€™t interest me. So I could careless If it not in hd or not.

But Prime7 Victoria doesnā€™t broadcast the AFL in HD. The story should clarify that it is only in Melbourne.

5 Likes

Are you saying Prime7 Victoria are showing AFL on their main channel in SD, and not on 7mate (which is their HD channel)?

Yes.

Except for this game, of course

1 Like

yes prime 7 dosent care about there regional viewers so no we dont get prime7hd and probably never will

Interesting, the 7HD EPG in Adelaide reveals the switch will be 24 hours long.

At 11:30 pm ACST on Sunday April 23 7HD switches to 7mate
At 11:30 pm ACST on Monday April 24 7HD returns to 7 (main channel)

Just for what itā€™s worth, LCN-70 in Sydney will (thankfully!) continue simulcasting the main channel on Monday judging by our EPG.

However Sydney will get the Swans vs Giants game shown on the main channel + HD tomorrow night. Whether or not this game is actually shown in HD (since itā€™s a Fox Footy production and Seven only shows games from them in upconverted SD) remains to be seen, however I would expect to see more important Swans/Giants games shown on Sevenā€™s main channel + HD in Sydney throughout 2017.

In any case, I think we can say that this switch to 7mateHD in Melbourne and Adelaide is only (very) temporary and most likely just a ā€œonce in a blue moonā€ thing.

REALLY in Perth most games this year have been shown on mate sd