Seven Cricket Coverage

I agree, FTA alone could have never been able to afford what CA was asking.

I think here in Australia we have it pretty good.

Consider if you were an EPL soccer fan living in England, where almost all of that is only available on pay TV.

1 Like

It is, but it was a competition created solely for pay-TV. And Match Of the Day is such an institution there on the BBC, it negates that somewhat.

1 Like

Looking ahead to the summer of 2019/2020. CA and ICC have dropped the summer program for the next summers already; thus being due to the new Test Cricket World Cup and ODI rankings that start that summer.

Looking at it from who gets the best deal, from my point of view it looks like Nine have come out on trumps.

Seven thanks to that wonderful deal that have signed will have Test Cricket from Mid-Nov to The first week in Jan, with 5 out of 6 tests falling outside of school holidays, who’s watching it? and BBL throughout Dec, Jan, early Feb.

Unlike this coming summer, in which has Test Cricket as late as AusDay weekend, they’ll just have BBL spread through the month.

This giving Nine a great Platform to introduce tennis via Nine, Against no other sport on TV.

Looks like CA sold an off the back of a truck Gold ring for the price of a 20c gold ring from a high end shop! Time will tell, but looking at the summers ahead it looks shocking. NZ ON BOXING DAY?! Hmmmm

3v4 in the world? Sounds terrible.

2 Likes

3 v 4 at the moment, we are currently as bad as the 1983 Australian team in ODI and Test.

2 Likes

With only 1 Ashes series over the length of the rights deal, 7 aren’t going to be making much money from Tests, unless every match is day/night.

disposable income?
foxtel (with sports) is going for like $35 a month…
if you can’t afford $35 a month… you have a real problem with your finances…

but I’m sure thats someone elses fault hey

1 Like

thats being generous to Australias test ranking by the time 2019 rolls around

You’ll have Davey Dumb Dumb and the skipper back by then though.

no way Warner will be back…
he was drinking Champaine in Soth Africa while the OZ team fielded critisim.
the OZ team don’t like him… he won’t be back

Newly coined?

To be able to watch cricket in HD through the TV it costs a lot more than $35 a month. Last I checked it was $65 (entertainment + sports + HD), not sure if it has gone up in the last year or not.

They also have Afghanistan that will take on Australia in 1-test series. ICC will make plans on the dates.

Another signing.

Oh dear, isn’t he one of the commentators that cricket fans couldn’t stand watching on Nine’s coverage in recent years?

Slater was probably one of the more bearable ones. He’s also a commentator for ICC events.

2 Likes

At least they haven’t grabbed Ian Healy or Mark Taylor yet.

2 Likes

shudder rain delays!

Where’s Mark Nicholas in all of this :smirk:

1 Like