Seven Cricket Coverage

What are his cricketing credentials?

Does feel a bit like a B grade lineup compared to Fox Sports.

3 Likes

Seven’s team does look B grade even with Ponting and Slater at the helm.

Not surprised to see Fleming and Brayshaw there but why McLachlan? And why no role for Andy Maher?
[/quote]
And no mention of dennis cometti

I don’t understand the McLachlan hate … this bloke is a professional. Resonates very well in my opinion. Very smooth, and clearly able to turn his hand to anything. McLachlan is clearly Seven’s sport go-to-man.

4 Likes

Hopefully 7 will bring in some commentators from India or Sri Lanka for this summer, seeing as they play the Aussies.

1 Like

Seven could consider bringing in Sunil Gavaskar from India and Russel Arnold from Sri Lanka.

I think that article is speculative, more thnan fact.

Slater the most bizarre, as he was at Nine and neither Seven nor Foxtel seem to have done in that direction yet.

I’m sure Andy Maher will play some part, even on field. Also Lisa Sthlaker? Mark Howard?

Hamish McLachlan doubtful, especially with Aus Open next year?

I agree that he’s versatile and I would say that he’s an okay presenter/commentator. However, there are other people within the network who should be the ‘go-to’ person as opposed to him

He could be part of the commentary team for the test series against India only.

All signs point to shit coverage. They’ll be savaged by the public and rightfully so.

Hopefully CA rue the day they gave the rights to seven and fox.

3 Likes

I daresay Seven are grooming Hamish to replace Bruce McAvaney as the face of sport on Seven.

Bruce has even hosted Seven’s Rugby Union coverage in the past even though he probably knew very little about it beforehand.

I don’t think this is news is it?

It’s probably not as obvious to us the northern states, but also a response to some of the posts above about why Hamish is part of the cricket coverage.

1 Like

To be fair, he was part of their Aus Open (national popularity) long before he joined their AFL.

1 Like

McLachlan will never attain the d.oyen status Bruce has achieved no matter how many different sports Seven makes him the face of.

3 Likes

As a player?

2 Likes

I don’t think anybody has even remotely suggested that.

Just that they look to be grooming him to replace Bruce’s roles as chief host/caller.

1 Like

Warne went from Nine to Fox Sports…

3 Likes

True.

Though not as entrenched as others who’ve been full time commentators for many, many years longer (obviously).

Damien Fleming’s signing to Seven has been officially announced this afternoon.