Seven Cricket Coverage

I do expect some fans to drop off but I agree that this has been a good test match.

They said about 5:55 that NSW, Vic (and Tas - but no mention) would be sticking with the cricket until the conclusion of play.

EDIT: Popup just appeared at 6:10 saying that 7News after the cricket for VIC, NSW and SA.

1 Like

Probably Seven’s Sydney & Melbourne Primetime Schedule has been Delayed by 30 Minutes because of the Cricket Overrun.

Not all are fans. It’s evident from previous series when Australia are doing well ratings will thrive. When Australia aren’t then viewers turn off. Obviously some cricket fans will continue watching but I know from previous seasons that viewers turn off.

Let’s wait and see next week if you still completely disagree when viewership is down.

3 Likes

I agree. Ratings might’ve remained OK if the Australian cricket team was playing alright against strong opposition - but that doesn’t seem to be happening at the moment!

All the reports in the media I’ve heard recently are about a team and organisation in crisis, surely that’s got to be a turnoff for a lot of the general public?

1 Like

Scoreboards

News advice

9 Likes

In some ways I’m quite surprised that 7 hasn’t packaged their test coverage into shows [ie, a pre-game show, a ‘cricket show’ style lunch break, or even a packaged tea-break]… the ‘continuous coverage’ style is good… but advertising opportunities abound in having fully-sponsored and packaged components…

1 Like

That segment with Fleming is crying out for a tea sponsor. That said, can’t work out why it’s an lunch and not tea.

2 Likes

Telecast finished at 4:41pm

Queensland getting Better Homes and Gardens filler hopefully just until 4pm.

My estimation of Ricky Ponting as a cricket mind certainly went up during this test.

I always thought he might be one of these Aussie bogan (Oi Oi Oi) cheer squad types like a Healy or Brayshaw… but found him to be very balanced and measured in his appreciation (and criticism) of both sides.

For a batter, I also found his analysis of the bowling to be quite on-tune throughout (seamers and spinners)…

Test cricket is the real test.

And not just of the players… and Punter really stood up.

As many have said, he and Alison Mitchell are the two best commentators for Seven’s coverage. James Brayshaw and Michael Slater are the worst.

Does anyone know who the commentary team for the Big Bash will be? Have a feeling it could be a team like Lisa Sthlekar, Ricky Ponting, Damien Fleming, Simon Katich and Greg Blewett.

I’ve been listening to SK on SEN a bit…

I quite like him.

Well I’ve always liked him… even before he started commentating.

The night he strangled Michael Clarke in the dressing room - I became an instant fan.

3 Likes

Because Howie is over at Fox, maybe Andy Maher might get a gig calling a few of the men’s games…

I read somewhere that Mel, Abbey, Jim Wilson and Richo are the hosts for the BBL.
Commentators: Lisa, Ricky, Katich, Blewett, Flem, Hodge, Nannes and I think maybe Maher as well. Richo might commentate same with Jim Wilson? JB commentating the BBL? I also think I read somewhere that Slater was going to commentate the BBL as well.

Surely they can get BT to call some games. Would be far better than Maher or Wilson or any other Channel 7 presenter.

Give Maher a break…

He’s Australian after all.

Fox used him when the Big Bash initially launched and he wasn’t good

1 Like

Nannes is an OK bloke… but somewhat class half empty… just has a natural pessimism that suits the ABC… however doesn’t translate well to commercial TV

Does anyone know what the songs that are used for the Coverage intro of the TEST cricket and the WBBL? wbbl is something about revolution but i cant seem to find it

Does anyone know what the songs that are used for the Coverage intro of the TEST cricket and the WBBL? wbbl is something about revolution but i cant seem to find it