Seven Cricket Coverage

A graphic I saw before the last session started actually looked like a Seven News graphic, same colour scheme and everything. Also not a fan of James Brayshaw as a cricket commentator.

1 Like

Let’s face it, most people are unlikely to compare the two broadcasts. If you have Fox you’re likely to watch that with their promise of no ads and not really give two hoots about what the poor people with fta are being served up. If your only option is fta, you’d be unlikely to race out and subscribe to Fox based on the reviews here by people with an interest in the font of colour grade of graphics.

3 Likes

Surely something like “magic” is developed over time? Not something to ever expect from the first test covered by a network in 40 years. If by the end of the summer nothing has improved then I would call that a fair assessment.

For me, its cricket. Its nothing amazing but solid coverage.

3 Likes

True, but the feel/vibe is Seven hasn’t invested in quality coverage. If they had knockout presentation, camerawork and better chemistry with presenters it may be different.

Let’s hope they’re making a loss on the coverage.

1 Like

LOL the amount of times that glossy bar that originated from the last 7NEWS package has been reused… :joy: it looks like they have just reused bits of the 7NEWS package.
Mustn’t have had a budget for an external package to be produced. It’s a shame…

3 Likes

Poor from Seven to intially not show ball tracking for the LBW review!

1 Like

Foxtel graphics slipping through on Seven

Channel change advice - so news is taking priority.

3 Likes

It’s really not that bad from what I’ve seen. The chemistry between the presenters and commentators will come in time.

3 Likes

Somehow, I could imagine Bruce Gordon eventually wishing that he agreed to chip in $5 million per year to help Ten/WIN pick up the rights.

Not sure if I’d go as far as saying that, but I personally don’t think this broadcast deal will be good for Seven or Cricket Australia in the long run.

1 Like

Wouldn’t Fox & Seven be sharing the same cameras ??
just adding in there own graphics, interviews etc. and having separate commentary.
Similar to what happens with the AFL

2 Likes

Given the Fox graphics, do they even have access to it live?

And TBH, those Fox graphics look shit imo.

2 Likes

Fox take the Seven commentary for AFL

1 Like

Only some. Also vision selection differs between the networks.

1 Like

There was a camera at times where Seven needed it (e.g.) talking about the outdoor amenities and a camera was on it.

Would this not be a roving Seven cam?

Edit

Telecast abruptly ended at 6:30pm AEDT.

Sounds like Nine still have the rights. Cause that’s all that use to happen and looks like it’s continuing to happen! :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

If people can find an excuse to complain about something, they’ll complain about it.

12 Likes

I watched quite a bit of Seven’s coverage today (admittedly I don’t have Fox) but from what was aired, I’m in the camp that enjoyed it enough. Some things to work on, but this was their legit first ever/debut! Nine’s was over 4 decades ago :joy:

But by the sounds of it, both Seven and Fox are better than Nine (at least recent times)

3 Likes

they had no post stumps analysis. They finished the coverage straight away similar to the Sunday AFL games.

Seven’s coverage went overtime anyway. Any post stumps analysis will be left to tomorrow morning’s one hour pre-game.

1 Like