Seven Cricket Coverage

From Armytage’s speakers’ bureau biography:

4 Likes

Well I had nfi there was cricket on tonight. Well done Channel Seven, Fox Sports and Cricket Australia.

9 Likes

So the posh sports then :roll_eyes:

It is odd that Tom Steinfort doesn’t have Foxtel. Would have though he would at least have the base package to have access to news international services (CNN, BBC, Al Jazeera, etc) as part of his work. It’s probably even a tax deduction for him.

Maybe he’s got Fetch? :wink:

1 Like
1 Like

Will be interesting to find out which broadcaster does the toss and post match presentations

most likely FOX.

Happy about Aakash Chopra. Despite being an average player, he is an excellent analyst.

Some other opinions:

*It astounds me that Mark Nicholas has not been signed by any network. I’m not a big fan of his
commentary, but I like him as a host.

*Not sure about Mel McLaughlin hosting test matches. You could say it was a good career choice moving to Seven though!

*Don’t like James Brayshaw as a cricket commentator, hopefully he is better on Seven compared to Nine.

*Jason Richardson seems to be popping up everywhere!

*The BBL/WBBL host lineup seems thin. Happy with Jim Wilson and the lack of Hamish McLachlan though.

*REALLY hope Andy Maher doesn’t do BBL commentary. Sorry, but he is intolerable as a commentator.

4 Likes

Wonder if the latest (previously not announced) appointments came from Barham or another executive, with reports Barham has taken extended leave as of a month or so ago? (e.g.) Jason Richardson

Barham is Twitter, so you could ask him.

Interesting that Trent Copeland has been given the green light by NSW coaching staff to commentate in the first test between Australia and India, instead of playing in a Sheffield Shield game.

2 Likes

Wow I forgot this deal was for 6 years. The state of cricket might be in absolute shambles in 6 years time with this diabolical deal.

And seriously? Bruce? The lunch time break will never be on in my house.

6 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t get him to do play-by-play (or ball-by-ball as they’re calling it ). Perhaps Bruce would’ve been the straw that broke the camels back with this ball by ball nonsense.

Regardless of what we think of Bruce, I don’t think he’d be able to cope with the rigours of doing AFL and cricket commentary.

Having home do the the lunch break is a way of integrating him without tiring him out.

3 Likes

Could they just not let him focus on AFL rather than using him for Cricket at all?

If they don’t use Bruce then it will probably be Hamish McLachlan (yikes). I’d prefer 1000 Bruces over Hamish.

Why does it have to be either of them? Can’t they just have selected commentators for Cricket and selected commentators for AFL?

4 Likes

Good point. I think someone like Alison Mitchell or Jim Wilson would be suited to that role better.

2 Likes

2 Likes