Seven Cricket Coverage

It’s these sorts of comments that make me wish that people could switch lives to see how they other side live.

2 Likes

I saw an ad in the gym last night promoting sevens coverage. Bruce was in it. Please don’t tell me he is going to be calling the cricket l? Please?

He’ll be conducting interviews at Lunch Breaks at Melbourne and Sydney Test Matches.

If it’s the same one I saw, it had what seems to be Sevens full roster of commentators in it, all on screen individually… Ricky Ponting, Damien Fleming, Brad Hodge, Lisa Sthalekar, James Brayshaw as well as Bruce (I’m sure there were others too).

5 Likes

Schwarz said in that News Corp article: “Channel 7, when it comes” HA HA.“So their promo has just come out." HA HA

Really no … just showing how easy it is to find something that isn’t there. That Schwarz, whoever he is as I have never heard of him before, is an idiot.

What a bloody poorly thought through promo!
“It’s live, it’s free, and available to all Australians”
But not in HD? HD should be mandatory in this day and age, it’s 2018!
And “Hold on, I’m coming” really? Aside from the crude association of that sentence, that’s their promo Tagline? Dear lord, did they outsource their promo think tank as well? You have a massive opportunity to crate a really powerful brand, and that’s what they came up with? How does it even relate to the Cricket coverage? facepalm

4 Likes

Yea the promo is overall shit… even with the double entendre.

3 Likes

Where has it been stated that it won’t be HD on 7?

Are FOX keeping the HD as an exclusive or something?

I’d be very surprised if that’s the case as they’ve shown that they can work together with HD during the AFL.

1 Like

I’m talking about the promo. They bang on about “live, free and in HD” for footy etc. and any other sport, considering they are launching cricket you’d think the promo would capitalise on all the info. Rather then “I’m coming”
It’s just a badly coordinated and produced promo.

1 Like

So you’re never heard Schwarz before but he’s an idiot? Yeah, sounds about right.

1 Like

Just going on what he was quoted as saying.

I don’t see a real issue, other than immaturity? I heard “I’m coming” from cricket greats. As in they’re coming to Seven.

Oh phew, you had me worried for a minute!

Yes, it would be nice for the promos to be HD.

The outrage about the promo really is a storm in a teacup.

4 Likes

Samantha Armytage copping a caning from Tom Steinfort and others on Twitter for publicising her network’s inferior cricket deal:

4 Likes

At best an uninformed response to Tom who yesterday tweeted he didn’t have Foxtel (for which he was attacked for being cheap :roll_eyes: )

Would you expect her to do anything less? Surprised she’s even talking cricket, doesn’t seem like the sport lover.

The rights deal is the worst. People are so off cricket and they’re doing themselves a disservice and seven are just also tans when it comes to cricket. Not even phoning it in.

10 Likes

4 Likes