Seven Cricket Coverage

1 Like

You don’t get what I’m saying, and I’m done explaining it.

Majority doesn’t mean all. Let’s move on from a pointless discussion

no one said 7 was the host for all, just that they are the BBL host broadcaster except for the 16 Fox exclusive games.

agreed

3 Likes

7 at the ground for Thunder v Heat (I think it’s their 1st time this season at Showgrounds)

1 Like

7 using these style of graphics to show the team line up tonight, 1st time it’s been used for the BBL. They did use it for WBBL final

1 Like

Ch7 commentators overdoing the enthusiasm - sounds very unnatural, especially with such a small crowd (3000 tops??) creating very little atmosphere.

Almost like they’re leading the broadcast…

Rain delay in cricket. Hoping to restart soon.

1 Like

The match has been abandoned due to rain. Brisbane Heat win by 8 runs under the DLS method and will fly to Melbourne tomorrow to face the Renegades on Sunday in the Knockout.

2 Likes

I think 7 are flying commentators to Perth for tomorrow nights match.

During the pre match, Ponting said that he’s ‘flying over there’ when referencing the Scorchers v Sixers match

Edit: confirmed

3 Likes

Today only backs up the merit of a commentary team being present at the ground, there’s a big game feel about the game in Perth and 7’s team have been able to convey that excitement and feel perfectly so far. It also helps that they have an ex-Scorchers coach in the commentary box. Offtube coverage is too sterile and detached to build up that connection with the audience.

4 Likes

IMHO, Ponting needs to tone it down a bit and slow down.

There’s excitement, and then there’s being overhyped/over the top.

Due to the rain delay in Canberra Channel 7 chose to air the Cadel Evans road race.

1 Like

Cricket abandoned.

1 Like

It’s just started raining lightly (although it appears very minor and should clear very quickly) in Melbourne, as seen on the Aus Open Final Pre Show (they’re awaiting if Rod Laver roof will close or not) and CA/Seven/Foxtel with a bit of luck that they’re at Marvel and the roof is closed, otherwise could’ve been even more rain delays/ abandonment tonight.

1 Like

7 has put effort (bare minimum but better than the regular season) into the finals by having the commentary at the ground, unlike Fox who didn’t go to Perth & is calling today’s match from studio too.

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I am surprised that 7 went with Richardson as pbp. But I’m guessing it was either Brayshaw or Richardson.

Nicholson was probably unavailable after Perth game yesterday, Maher was probably doing Women’s T20.

Again kind of highlighting 7’s lack of main callers

No he’s off until Front Bar comes back.

1 Like