Seven Cricket Coverage

What do you mean? They’ve got Brayshaw, Richardson, Nicholson, Maher, Sthalekar, just off the top of my head (probably in that order too).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t count Lisa as a caller YET because she’s only done 1 BBL game.

Fox has 5 main (Howie, Isa, Mel, Gilly, Julian) + Ian Smith, Hudson, Speed etc.
7 just has those 4 callers - Brayshaw, Richardson, Nicholson, Maher

But for tonight’s match they had a choice of 2, Brayshaw or Richardson. I think they need about 1-2 more especially if they are back to travelling to games next season.

During the tests they are down to just 3 main callers.

1 Like

4 Likes

Has this been on FTA before?

It has been on Seven since it first acquired the broadcast rights from CA.

6 Likes

And Seven Sport host it too

2 Likes

How many matches does it take before you consider someone valid for their job title?

2 Likes

She has also done some of the Women’s matches as a pbp caller too.

She has been great in the Women’s internationals, WBBL & the BBL match she commentated.

I’m just saying that she isn’t part of the main callers for BBL. She would be equivalent to Hudson, Speed etc that Fox used as part time callers but they called multiple games this season

If 7 uses her more often for BBL then she would be their 5th main caller and then they would have enough callers.

2 Likes

Aus Cricket Awards delayed because they are showing the start of Australian Idol on 7mate for 5 minutes… why advertise 7:30pm if it doesn’t start at 7:30pm???

I don’t think there’s any doubt that 7 have made a killing with the new deal, they had both CA and Fox over a barrel due to the inept way the process was managed by CA. For 7 to pay less annually for cricket than 9 does for the tennis is hilarious given the number of days of content.

However, some of the alleged viewership data is a bit hard to reconcile with the official 5-city metro ratings published over the last couple of weeks. The tennis seemed to outrate the cricket on every night on linear television, including last Friday.

1 Like

All CA outlets advertised 7:35

Mel McLaughlin and Jason Richardson hosted tonight’s award ceremony with Lisa Sthalekar as reporter.

Telecast finished at 9.41pm AEDT, 26 minutes over time.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Thursday’s Brisbane Heat final actually being advertised correctly as 6.00pm on 7mate.

2 Likes

This was tonight

Vs Sydney

3 Likes

At least it finally gets clear air, I think 400k metro and 250k Foxtel are bare minimums for CA (not even confident of that and under 300k metro again will be hilarious), should be far higher, Ten would’ve been like 1.6m nationally.

4 Likes

At that time yes, now they’d not be getting much different I reckon.

Seven is at the SCG tonight for the Challenger final.

3 Likes