Seven Cricket Coverage

Not sure this is entirely the case - even despite the lawsuit the investment in the likes of Justin Langer has shown the broadcast team has worked quite separately from the management - although part of me wonders if their continued efforts are to strengthen their lawsuit to suggest they haven’t “given up”.

9 Likes

With 7 not wanting the cricket & all the legal stuff, I guess there probably won’t be an update to the Test cricket graphics.

I thought it could happen since they updated the bbl graphics last year & the test ones have been the same since they started.

1 Like

Exactly what I’d noticed/thought as well

2 Likes

New promo aired tonight during Kitchen Nightmares, featuring Michael Holding on a beach, and stars of the Australian test team led by captain Pat Cummins, with Sherbet’s Howzat played in the background.
It ends with the slogan “Bring on Summer”.

4 Likes

Video?

1 Like

5 Likes

When was the last time WI toured Australia over the summer?

15/16 I’m pretty sure. It’s going to be a pretty ordinary series based on that

4 Likes

I think most of the tours they have done here since the dawn of the 21st century have all been like that. They sadly aren’t the dominant force they were from the 70’s through the 90’s

4 Likes

They’ve sadly been decimated over the past 15 years by T20 leagues and their own organisation not running the game properly there. They were on a downward spiral before then but that has pretty much sealed their fate as never returning to a consistent side in world cricket.

They obviously won the T20 WC and could possibly do it again in the future but I think they will always now be underdogs to win bilateral series especially away from home.

7 Likes

The second before the first though - the cricket board did a pretty good job of devaluing playing for the West Indies then was shocked when a large part of their playing group decided to go and be professional t20 players

I’m surprised that we haven’t tried to bump this series to early in the season and play it in some regional centre to get it over and done with. It was the previous tour that got channel nine worked up about the cricket rights, between the weather and the poor showing on the field they didn’t get many days play from memory

8 Likes

something new by 7?

4 Likes

Better late than never.

I think 7Sport is following websites of Cricket Australia and ESPNCricinfo by providing comprehensive statistics for live matches. Also note that 7Sport and CA websites provide full text ball-by-ball commentary of every WBBL match, while ESPNCricinfo only has full text commentary for WBBL semi-finals and final.

5 Likes

I have a feeling this cricket hub thing could be a miniature trial for their AFL Hub with 7+ streaming in 2025, Otherwise it doesn’t make sense since they want to get out of the contract

3 Likes

this would be quite cheap to make. the data is already supplied to the relevant parties (including the teams and the broadcaster) so it would be somewhat simple to scrape the API and show this

4 Likes

2 Likes

According to this article: 7 submitted an offer for the Test matches Only.

5 Likes

Not surprising considering their lawsuit.

4 Likes

The only way I see them getting it is if they go with Fox again. But not sure if it would be the best thing or popular for CA about growing cricket in Australia.

7’s Test cricket coverage has been good so I don’t mind if they keep that.

4 Likes

Here is the fixture for this week’s WBBL finals.

Notes:
For logistical reasons, the first two finals are held at the home venue of the second placed team (in this case, Karen Rolton Oval).
All three finals will be shown live on 7mate.

2 Likes